Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New fox forks on eBay from america
  • jonnyrockymountain

There are new fox float forks for sale on eBay buy from America
    Any one bought any??????
    From bicycle & multisport or bikewagon

pete68
    Free Member

Yep, got my float 29 from colarado cycles through eBay back in May. Had to wait acouple of weeks as the 2012 weren’t actually available. As soon as they were they were sent straight away,no probs.worked out as a massive saving.

honourablegeorge

Not bought forks, but have used bikewagon several times, and service has always been excellent, they’re a proper shop with people on the phone and warranty support too.

fullysussed
    Free Member

Did you have to pay VAT when they arrived?

z1ppy

I bought from Bikewagon, so damned quick on despatch, they sent it to my old work address, before I realised later the same day and asked if they could change the delivery address.. 😳 Throughly recommend them though.

The RS fork I bought were sorted by the UK service centre, when they had a warrenty failure, as RS (& fox) comes with a worldwide warrenty

Yes you’ll have to pay duty & vat, along with a nice little £10 sting from parcel fail, for sorting out those customs charges.

Though for the 1.5 steerer forks I bought, it was well worth it.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

jonnyrockymountain

Cheers Guy’s
    I have seen some for £486 plus £19-16 postage
    Doe’s any one know is this what i pay or is there any added ie tax’s,vat,shipping/holding fee’s ect
    This is the first time i will have bought from america?
    Is paypal the best way and what protection do i get
    Jonny

z1ppy

Umm try checking out my link? Oh & you may have to pay some sort of currency fee with your CC, or live with paypal own currency conversion rate (was reasonable when I did it but not checked lately), the details will be on there site

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Bought some 2011 F29’s from US ebay shop, had them shipped free to a friend is the US, labels / values removed from packaging and sent on to me.
    Job done !
    Well sort of… ‘friend’ insured them for $300 and thats what I paid VAT on ! Idiot 😆

Still lots cheaper but no UK warranty as far as I know.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Cheers Guy’s
    I have seen some for £486 plus £19-16 postage
    Doe’s any one know is this what i pay or is there any added ie tax’s,vat,shipping/holding fee’s ect
    This is the first time i will have bought from america?
    Is paypal the best way and what protection do i get
    Jonny

You will get charged 20% VAT on either the value of the goods (required to be listed at US postoffices for international shipping) or the insured value even if marked as gift.

You will also have to pay Parcelforce a UK customs clearance fee which also includes their fee to get it from the UK airport to your front door.

Is it still cheaper…….do your homework first based on worst case senario fee’s 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Beware if anything comes via UPS as well.

They charge you a generous ‘handling/admin’ charge ontop of everything. When I say generous I say ridiculously generous considering they are already being paid alot for the carriage.

Personally I don’t think its worth it. Buy from Europe/Germany if possible.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Any carrier has to declare the value the customer has told them the parcels value is – this is used to calculate duty/VAT

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New fox forks on eBay from america’ is closed to new replies.