Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New Fox Forks knocking noise
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

I noticed this about two weeks ago on my new 140 RLCs, but decided that the knocking was down to not storing the bike upside down.

With the front brake on, and rocking the front end – as you would to check for headset play, you can feel the stanchions moving very very slightly with your finger between them and the brace.

I know a little play is supposed to be normal, as the oil between the stanchions and the bushes closes the gap – and they will dry out over time.

The rebound now doesn’t slow the fork as much as you should, and whistles instead of making a sucking noise. Lockout works fine though.

Is this an indication of not enough oil in the lowers? I was going to make a trip to see LoCo, but rather than pester him wanted to see if anyone has had this same issue and sorted it at home.

Cheers

Ricks

LoCo
    Free Member

New Forks? Warranty inspection at Mojo.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Is the brake caliper loose? are the wheel bearings loose? if no to both questions then warranty.

rickon
    Free Member

Cock. they’re 4 weeks old… I’ve had the lowers off to clean and lube the seals – will Mojo be OK with that?

I’ve only got one bike 🙁

neninja
    Free Member

Mojo were very fast for me this week with a warranty issue. Sent on Tuesday and they were back with me by Friday.

Before that though check your headset isn’t loose too as it can feel similar. Loosen your stem and see if the top cap with tighten up (assuming there are enough spacers to allow it to be tightened properly). I thought I had a fork problem last year but it was down to the headset coming loose.

Plus check the brake caliper and disc are tight as mentioned.

rickon
    Free Member

Cheers Neninja, Mojo are 10 minutes from work so no trouble popping down.

It’s definitely the bushes knocking – you can feel it between the brace and stanchions.

Just a bugger as I only run one bike at the moment, and the weather is so nice.

Going to have to break out a broken set of forks, stick some oil and seals in them tomorrow night to keep me going.

Thanks for the help chaps

Ricks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New Fox Forks knocking noise’ is closed to new replies.