Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New forks (Reba) – do they take a few rides to 'bed in'? Setting up?
  • Aus
    Free Member

Never ever had brand new forks before. Just got some brand new Reba RL Solo Air. Added the recommended air pressure and no sag, so ended up with 60% of their recommended pressure to get sag and some movement. As far as I can work out, rebound is the only other adjustment to play with.

Had one ride and they’re very stiff, with limited movement certainly Vs my older dual air Rebas. So do they just take a few rides to bed in? Or are the reco settings a bit irrelevant? Or am I doing something wrong?!

Thoughts? Ta

Kryton57

Both. RS pressure guides are notoriously too high. Set it up yourself with 25% sag, note the pressure and go ride. They will also take a few rides to bed in so after 4/5 rides reset the sag, the. Again after 10/12 rides at which point it should be nominal for you / the fork.

PrinceJohn

I’ve always found the pressure needs to be significantly less than the manufacturers recommend.

Aus
    Free Member

great, thanks

Milt
    Free Member

I inadvertently rode with mine locked out for a while think they would bed in. 😳 never used the pushlock or poplock on these or my old rebas. If it’s not connected/used on my old versions (dual air)they weren’t locked, on the new version they’re locked out if it’s not connected. (I think anyway)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New forks (Reba) – do they take a few rides to 'bed in'? Setting up?’ is closed to new replies.