• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mb51.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New forks leaked in their packaging….
  • Waderider
    Free Member

Posting this up in the hope you’ll say “they all do that sir” (unlikely).

Building a new bike for wifey and have ordered and received a set of Rock Shox 30 Gold RL Solo Air forks with 100mm of travel. They have leaked oil in transit, so much that there is a couple of teaspoons of the stuff in the plastic they are wrapped in, and staining of the box.

So, return them for exchange or fit them?

oldnpastit

None of the forks I’ve ever bought have done that.

Won’t you need to replace the missing oil?

Plus, if you fit them, won’t they tend to leak oil onto your wheel and/or brakes?

Poopscoop

Personally I world send them back as faulty just in case…. Whilst it won’t cost you anything too.

woodster

Given that Rockshox tend to only use a couple of teaspoons worth of oil in their forks, they’re probably pretty dry now.

Not a normal occurence in any fork I’ve ever owned so they must have a leak somewhere. Send them back

nuke

Any idea where they leaked from? Older RS forks did have a tendency to leak out the floodgate on the damper sider…My Revs & Rebas did if i left the bike upside down for a while

nairnster
    Free Member

Not happened to any of my forks ever.

legend
    Free Member

It’s probably the oil they should’ve put in the lower legs, must’ve thought shoving it in the packaging was better than nothing

ScottChegg
    Free Member

If oil has come out in the post, it’ll really come out when ridden.

Send them back.

montgomery
    Free Member

I have a set of those. Can’t comment on the leak issue (I’d at least contact the shop before use). What I can say is that mine were very dry internally as supplied, and started working much better once I’d taken off the lowers and put in the amount of oil that should’ve been there according to the manual and spec sheet.

simondbarnes

I’d send them back.

mb51
    Free Member

Send them straight back mate,not supposed to leak.your trusting your wife’s life to those forks.Their clearly faulty.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New forks leaked in their packaging….’ is closed to new replies.