Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New forks for a 2015 Trek Fuel ex9 ??
  • ceejay64
    Free Member

I am thinking of changing the forks on my 2015 Fuel ex9. A the moment i have the Fox ctd 130 with 32mm fork legs. To be honest i have never been that impressed with them . So i was hoping you could suggest some new forks that wont cock up the handling and work well.
    Many thanks
    CJ

nickfrog
    Free Member

Yari for value for money. I just bought some here that were under a year old for £275 with pump and service kit. I guess you could push the travel to 150mm if need be.

They are brilliant for the money.

mjsmke

I have 130mm Pikes on my full sus and very impressed with them. I think they perform best when ridden hard. On the hard tail I have 130mm Yaris and also very impressed. On most rides I can’t tell much difference between them. As above Yaris are amazing for the money.

ceejay64
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, i have had Rockshox before and much preferthem to fox. Would the pike or yari effect the bikes geometery and handling ?

nickfrog
    Free Member

Yes but not necessarily in a bad way or too dramatically. The best way to find out what the changes will be is to establish the current geometry of your bike, including axle to crown measurement of current forks and use this site for an before / after once armed with the axle to crown of the proposed new fork(s). And then research what effect the way your seat and steering angle change as well as reach / bb height will have.

http://bikegeo.muha.cc/

ceejay64
    Free Member

Thanks for the link Nick, very helpful 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New forks for a 2015 Trek Fuel ex9 ??’ is closed to new replies.