Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • new forks
  • jtaylor2105
    Free Member

hey guys thought id get some advice on some new forks for my 2008 trek fuel the originals have got stanchion wear and got quoted like 300 for the repair but they also recommended that i just get new ones and try out rockshox as they are cheaper to service etc.

I still have the original forks on the bike and they still work just need a service but in the next few months want to just get some new forks and im having alot of trouble finding 130mm travel forks can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction!!

Also need them 9mm qr dropouts and 1 1/8 steerer! not looking brand new as im on a budget.

nuke

Given the Fuel is 120mm rear travel, you could also consider 120mm forks or go up to 140mm without too much worry…10mm wont make a huge difference.

I’d go for either 120mm Rebas or get some 2012 or older Revelation forks…get some 140mm Revs and, after trying them at 140mm, if its a bit high, you can add the travel spacers very simply to reduce it down to 130mm or lower.

Revelation with U-Turn is another option you can then manually adjust the travel on the fly. Heres a good example (although they sound like they need the oil topping up in the damper if the lockout isn’t working)…
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rockshox-Revelation-Air-U-Turn-140mm-with-remote-lockout-control-/291167050593?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item43cae89b61

slowrider
    Free Member

If you don’t want new, flatout cycles are handy

jtaylor2105
    Free Member

thanks fr the advice i had considered changing down to 120to match the rear and the newer models of the fuel have done the 120 forks as standard aswell but would like to keep the 130 i had seen the fork @nuke but the steerer is to short as i need 210mm length or around that length! i knew you can put spacers in the forks to bring the travel down but never knew you can set the uturn to 130 thought they just had a set travel amounts to adjust to!!

Ill keep this in mind when i get round to replacing them!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘new forks’ is closed to new replies.