• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by spw3.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New fork seals
  • spw3

I have a Lyrik coil fork that is weeping a little. Time for new seals.

However I have checked my energy banks and I just don’t have enough to take it apart to find out whether it has foam or oil seals inside before clicking on the internet.

Which should I order? Is there any difference?

For that matter, why are there two types?

Cheers all

spw3

LoCo
    Free Member

Standard they come with wipers & oil seals, can be run with wipes & foams, to reduce ‘stiction’ but you’ll want to carry out lower services a bit more often if running them in that spec.

deviant
    Free Member

Just did the wipers and foams on my coil spring Sektors today, interestingly there werent any oil seals in the service pack, just wipers and foam rings.

I’m mechanically inept and managed it no problems, now i’ve done it once i reckon a lower leg service is a 30min job….also changed the medium spring for a firm one while i’m blowing my own trumpet….that took a bit longer but i’ve been for a ride and lived to type this so all’s good!

The forks feel great, the oil that came out was nasty and the foam rings were nearly dry, how i havent marked the stanchions i’ll never know.

spw3

Yeah I bought these forks second hand with some wear on the anodising already. It was on the spring side so I don’t really mind.

I actually copleteky stripped the forks (loud blast on own trumpet!) last year but sadly can’t remember what was inside.

Well “less stiction” sounds good but “lower maintenance” sounds better so I guess that decides it!

cheers guys

spw3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New fork seals’ is closed to new replies.