Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New fork for a 10 year old bike with v brake
  • mosschops
    Free Member

Hi all,

Back in 2002 I bought a Klein Attitude Race, superlight and quite racey. Problem was it was for the Mrs – anyway now with 2 kids cycling has come back into my life and wheeled out the old beauty tonight. Everything is mint except the fork which is kaput, can’t hold air. So any ideas of a cheap v brakes bossed 80mm fork?

Also thinking of putting some risers or a more steeply angled stem on it to make it less of an aggressive riding position – thoughts welcome!

thanks

MC

cchris2lou

you could easily find an older SID with bosses .

GW
    Free Member

I’d go for something like a decent nick s/h hydracoil judy from 1999/2000ish if you can find one.. light, decent damping for the time, reliable and they were easily reducable to 80mm internally

julianwilson
    Free Member

They also made the earlier models of RS reba with v brake bosses (i used to have one) which can be ‘spacer’-ed down to 80mm.

takisawa2

That bike is crying out (so loud I can hear it from here), for an Exotic Carbon fork. They do them with ye olde v-brake bosses. The 42cm model, that’s the one.

nick1962
    Free Member

Go rigid?
    Plenty of choice here

TiRed

Why not just fit a bb7 cable disk brake to a modern fork? I did. Oh, and rigid P2’s

kiwijohn

I run an 07 Fox F80 on my DBR with V brakes.
    I think even 08 Fox forks had the option of brake bosses. Not sure if they still do.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Look on retrobike. There is a pair of Sid hydra air 80mm travel with v brake and disc mount for £70. Or some rockshox judy xc hydra coil set at 80mm with v brake and disc mount for £40 posted. The sids be lighter and more tunable to rider via air pressure. Both not mine, btw.

mosschops
    Free Member

Thanks all, managed to pump the old Manitou up today and seemed to ride OK Will try retrobikes of I need something else though

thanks again

MC

moniex
    Free Member

Some Rock shox dukes? I have some on my sons bike, they are air so work for his weight, are light and cheap.

Simone

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New fork for a 10 year old bike with v brake’ is closed to new replies.