Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • NEW FOREST CYCLING UPDATE
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

MONEY GOES ELSEWHERE

Sorry if it’s been done but 😆 at this, serve them right!

Lummox

It’s a shame but hopefully this will have a more reaching effect whereby local buisness who rely on the trade from visitors start to question the loyalties of the nfnpa.

I think thank goodness they didn’t get a ‘reward’ for their attitudes towards cyclists

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Lifer
    Free Member

Yup!

DrP

[Chuckles gently to himself…]

DrP

vincienup
    Free Member

Hopefully this will start a ripple effect.

Frankly, if half what I read about the attitude of the New Forest ‘management’ toward cycling is true, it would have been an epic p1ss take for them to share in a budget designed to promote it, especially if they planned to use it to repair roads they would then restrict cycle access to.

winston
    Free Member

I’m sure the NFNPA don’t give a toss – as far as I can see its been taken over by those who don’t want any expansion in the NF and certainly not people coming to cycle etc. As the money was never going to get spent on road widening, access, car parks etc they really won’t be bothered. In fact its probably more of a win for them than anything

Unless this loss of funding is publicized to the hilt as being completely their fault and there are enough people who care enough to try and oust them from office – I’m not sure how they are ‘elected’ though?

Sweet! The money for the Monsall/Matlock link is already being spent as work has started on it.

DT78
    Free Member

Good for other areas, so disappointing for those of us in the NF area.

ninfan
    Free Member

But? Without cycling funding, how on earth are they going to manage to resurface the car parks, buy pedal powered cinemas and interactive computer monitor tables or build new toilet blocks?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

At least it’s being spent on cycling, even if the New Forest ‘governing bodies’ don’t want us on their land 😉

Mr Goodwill said: “I want to get more people on their bikes and this funding will open up cycle access to some of the country’s most scenic routes.

This is a good statement that I agree with, hopefully still true after the next election…

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Epic mismanagement by NFNP, not that they care.

Will be riding there as much as possible, as legally as possibly just to fly in their shallow, self serving, nimby faces.

Twunts.

parkesie
    Free Member

Mean while in the New Forest.
    [video]http://youtu.be/J1c2KzJbcGA [/video]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘NEW FOREST CYCLING UPDATE’ is closed to new replies.