Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New Forest Camping
  • uplink
    Free Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for a New Forest campsite?

There seems to be quite a few to choose from, it’s for a family holiday so needs to have good facilities & plenty of easy cycling [grand parents, young kids etc. sort of easy]

cheers,

jova54
    Free Member

WCA should be able to recommend something.

stufield
    Free Member

Can’t remember where we stayed but don’t leave a ginger cake in a carrier bag in your tent, we had squirrels then horses raiding our tent throughout the night…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    superlurch
    Free Member

The Forest Holidays site at Ashurst is ace!

…I’ve been going there on and off since I was a kid. And there’s a great pub round the corner called “The Happy Cheese”!

🙂

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I’d suggest Holmsley for that. Massive site (based around an old airstrip), onsite shop, etc, plenty of cycling out of the door & cattle grids to keep the horses out of the site.
    http://www.forestholidays.co.uk/camping_and_caravanning/our_sites__locations/england-1/new_forest/holmsley.aspx

It’s just round the corner from WCA’s charity event location, too.

The only problem is that it does get busy at peak times (all N-F sites do, to be honest), and some of the site is a bit rocky, so pitching can be a bit of a faff.

Muke
    Free Member

Have a look at The camping version of STW .They even have BigBikeBash listed in the events page.

uplink
    Free Member

Cheers guys – I’ll check the suggestions out

robbo1234biking

Hollands Wood is always our favourite and it is only a short walk from Brockenhurst

MoreCashThanDash

Just beware of the ponies in the campsite – one ate my breakfast and then tried to get into the tent, and gave me a nasty kick when I tried to persuade it to move…

thomthumb
    Free Member

beware some don’t have showers, some don’t have toilets

franki
    Free Member

I’ve camped at Ashurst. It’s a really nice site.
    Just make sure you don’t pitch right next to the railway line like we did! 🙄 (You couldn’t see it and we didn’t know it was there until the tents were up and the first train came past!)

Trains thundering by through the night aren’t great for getting a good night’s sleep.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New Forest Camping’ is closed to new replies.