Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • New Force vs Tunnel Hill Trolls vs BOB vs ???
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am thinking of introducing a team competition to my bike event.

Teams of 4. Team members take part in any events they like as individuals but there are certain events that the whole team must compete in. Teams with the highest number of points win prizes.

Initial thoughts about the events that accumulate team points are: XC race, Night ride, slalom, pint-to-pint race and bike jousting for the grand finale.

Good idea? Bad idea? Any other suggestions?

thomthumb
    Free Member

as a newforce meber i say yay. what about a drinking competition – must involve cider!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Pint-to-Pint racing. I think I will make the slalom immediately afterwards ;-0

thomthumb
    Free Member

no trouble!!!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

thomthumb – bounce the idea around the NewForce forum. The more teams the better. You could use it as an opportunity to settle scores between fellow New Force members if you get a couple of teams together.

Put something in the comments section when you buy your tickets so I can get a rough idea of how many teams. I will sort out something more formal if necessary.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I think my money would be on a BOB team seeing as they have so many racing snakes at the local races.

WCA Email will be with you somtime over the weekend. Spreadsheet needed some blub adding.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

any trolls on here tonight?

Tunnel hill ones specificaly

cinnamon_girl

Ahem …

I sometimes ride with the Tunnel Hill Trolls. Whether they will admit to knowing me is another matter (I led a ride on Saturday, the weather was bloomin’ awful).

But I also ride with the Southern Shandy Drinkers …

offthebrakes
    Free Member

You called?

cinnamon_girl

offthebrakes is a racing whippet! The rest of the Trolls can seriously drink and they have been known to imitate pirates – the more they drink the louder they get!!

I can’t ride but I am practicing my drinking …

bionicwoman
    Free Member

I would second CG they will defo manage the drinking bit, as for me I will drink and heckle my fellow trolls, I have informed the head troll who is sitting next to me at home!!!

AdamT

As a lapsed BOBer and freind to some Trolls I think it’d be funny to enter a Berkshire Tri Squad team. Please insert hilarious Triathlete mocking comments here:-

(since they’re usually true)

Could I suggest a “croggy”/”backie” race?
    Egg and spoon could be quite funny too.

theotherjonv

I’m a BOB but I’m pretty damn far from a racing snake. Unless said snake had swallowed a goat 15 minutes before the gun.

A lot of the BOB’s are doing the Wessex Way this week (Weston-s-Mare to Eastbourne) but I’ll be joining up with them on Saturday to do the SDW bit of it. Will raise the prospect, although I know I’m not around for it.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Adam – how come you snubbed my ride with Aidan a few weeks ago? I was so offended 😮

ajantom

here’s some photos of a recent bicycle jousting incident/event that we had for a friends birthday.

Great drunken fun 😆

Home made armor and shields.

Old bikes form the tip, some steel tubing for a rear platform and a sheet of wood for the driver to duck behind!

One of the (many) crashes.

rOcKeTdOg

lol!

cinnamon_girl

That looks great!

pants
    Free Member

Hagh Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggghhh! Trolls!!! But THT are not a club and we have a few racing Snakes……..When BEER is mentioned.

cinnamon_girl

Haaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhh Cap’n Pants!! Yes, you’re absolutely right. It’s more a gathering of racing snakes, weirdos and drinkers 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Okay – looks like this idea is a goer then.

Get yourselves sorted into teams of 4. Put something in the comments section when you buy your tickets about your team loyalties.

We will have some racing, some sillyness and lots of beer/cider involved in the team event.

What is “croggy”/”backie” race? and yes, it will be included once you explain what it is.

shortcut

get organised. yeah right.

have we got a date yet or am i missing something???

happy to play for the trolls – date permitting.

oh and hagh harrrgh!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

august 22nd/23rd. Check out http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk

bionicwoman
    Free Member

CG up for a beer race thats about as far as I will get???

cinnamon_girl

OK THT team sorted – offthebrakes can race. Chief Troll and Cap’n Pants are in the beer race and they will trounce the competition! bionic woman and C-G for the ladies beer race (need some Pure Gold though). Need another racer on a bike cos we don’t want folk to think that the Trolls are a drinking collective, oh no!!

Arrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘New Force vs Tunnel Hill Trolls vs BOB vs ???’ is closed to new replies.