Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New flat pedals…
  • this_wreckage
    Free Member

Looking for some replacement pedals for my V12’s, preferably something with a bigger platform. The question is, do I go for the Easton Flatboys:

Sunline V1’s:

Or do I wait until the Spank Spikes come out in a few months???

jonb
    Free Member

something from superstarcomponents? I love my Nano thru pins

coogan
    Free Member

I always recommend them. Ace pedals at an ace price.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5199

RS4KEV

+1 for the superstars. Bought on a whim and very impressed

lank45
    Free Member

Another for the mix, I run Straitline SC pedals. Nice big platform, easy to service and look pretty! Tad expensive but I like them.

Otherwise from the above I’d go for the flatboys.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Flatboys are bomb proof, however the weigh is optimistic at best. I since swapped to Superstar/Nuke Proof etc etc and they have just as much grip, on a slightly bigger platform at nearly half the weight 🙂

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Flatboys are bomb proof, however the weigh is optimistic at best. I since swapped to Superstar/Nuke Proof etc etc and they have just as much grip, on a slightly bigger platform at nearly half the weight

So is the platform on the Flatboys not so large? Some of the reviews I’ve read suggest it’s quite a bit bigger than the V12’s, is that not the case? Why can’t manufacturers state platform size as well as weight??

I like the look of the Superstar’s but there seem to be a few reports of pins getting lost and the pedal bodies being easily damaged. Never had such problems with the V12’s so didn’t want to take a backwards step.

alpin
    Free Member

i picked these up from a shop in Munich. big platform, relatively light and very grippy.

http://www.onoffcomponents.com/pedals/slim/

robhughes
    Free Member

alpin.iv,e got a set of them and there superb.
    Iv,e been looking everywhere for another pair for bike no2.
    There like chickens lips to get hold of.
    do you know how i could get a pair?

alpin
    Free Member

nope… boys at the shop had just built up a mondraker but hadn’t put the pedals on. i saw them and offered them 40€. good buy as have only seen them for 90€ since then (seen in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria).

robhughes
    Free Member

Thought so..The search goes on.
    Iv,e got them in white and they really are the best flats iv,e had.
    They knock my superstars right out….

Kevevs
    Free Member

some hardcore freeridey types up here break everything, including themselves, use superstar nanos. I’m a feeble xc type using wellgo mg1s. all good as far as I can tell.

gamo
    Free Member

The superstar nano’s are great pedals especially for the cost which is now even lower!
    http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=127

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Hmm, those Superstar’s do look nice and wide and slim, and even cheaper than I’ve seen the Sunline’s for. Might have to investigate further.

Nobody any experience with the Sunline V1’s on here? Bit of a mention for the Easton’s but nothing on the V1’s?

Obviously I don’t expect anyone to tell me about the Spank’s since they’re not out but, is nobody else thinking of trying a pair when they are?

oxnop
    Free Member

Nobody any experience with the Sunline V1’s on here? Bit of a mention for the Easton’s but nothing on the V1’s?

I run sunline V1’s on one of my bikes. Really nice pedals albeit a bit heavier than some of the pimpier pedals!

Mine are 2 ish months old and since using them I havent swapped back over to SPD’s I run some kona (same as superstar Nano’s) on another bike which are good but I find my foot slip on the Kona’s more so than Sunlines. The sunlines also seem really well made I.e. They have not developed any play.

Only downside is that mine have lost some pins, I ended supergluing the pins in on 1 ride as I’d lost 4 in the first hour! I’m sure you can buy more but I’m not concerned as they still grip great.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

For robhughes:

OnOff Pedals

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New flat pedals…’ is closed to new replies.