Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New F-35 fighter
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Interesting video BBC shows the imaging capability of this new plane.
    It can sit 45 miles away and target individual windows in a building…….. jeepers 😯
    Makes you wonder how thay manage to get it wrong so many time!

theflatboy
    Free Member

generation kill – the fantastic book and also tv mini-series – is well worth a read for many reasons, one of which is giving a pretty good "in the field" insight into the way errors are made in the deployment and use of sophisticated military equipment. a lot of it goes some way to explaining how monumental ****-ups can be made in conflict.

edit – sorry, i realise that response focuses somewhat on an aside at the end of the point of your post!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

What tyres for long range ASM firing?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Makes you wonder how thay manage to get it wrong so many time!

They don't to be honest, you just get to hear about the odd occasion where something goes awry.

sharkbait
    Free Member

They don't to be honest, you just get to hear about the odd occasion where something goes awry.

True – my poorly worded statement. I suppose the weak link as usual is the nut behind the trigger/keyboard/etc.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yeah, I know a chap who designs missile guidance systems, terrifyingly good but totally worthless if let off incorrectly! (and as for the missiles….!)

Urchinboy
    Free Member

I think that video from the plane was rubbish. They should have mounted the camera on the pilots chest or behind his seat. It's less interesting without some of the plane in shot.

And it looked to me like they'd speeded it up.

coffeeking
    Free Member

always makes the ground look flat too

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

WTF?? This was in Die Hard 4.0 AGES ago. The military need to catch up!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New F-35 fighter’ is closed to new replies.