• This topic has 130 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)
  • New Evil Bikes 29er!
  • AlexSimon

tenacious – as long as the dealer is willing, there’s nothing stopping any independent dealer from ordering you in a frameset and supporting it.

Or at least that was true last summer when I was considering the uprising.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

tenacious – as long as the dealer is willing, there’s nothing stopping any independent dealer from ordering you in a frameset and supporting it.

That would be ideal, especially given I have a Silverfish dealer at the end of my street, just note one currently doing Evil.
    Already dropped an email to Richie@Silverfish to scope this out.

mattjg
    Free Member

Let us know doug. & sorry for calling you dog.

cokie

That is a lovely looking bike!

mattjg
    Free Member

Also, Canfield looks v interesting

I’m assuming it will be alu, an adaptation of the Balance. To the best of my knowledge Canfield have never made a carbon frame.

So it’s likely to be quite a chunk of metal.

pigyn
    Free Member
    cokie

Canfields certainly aren’t light but I like the guys behind the company and the designs are quiet nice.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Edit: Never Mind

pigyn
    Free Member

Sorry I know Doug, it’s me James. Just thought you might want to see it, from what you can tell in the video it seems like they rated the ride very well if not better than the Evil. Which does also look like a great bike, if it holds together. But I don’t want to get into that, it has already been covered.

Their review of the Phantom was also really positive.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Sorry I know Doug, it’s me James. Just thought you might want to see it, from what you can tell in the video it seems like they rated the ride very well if not better than the Evil. Which does also look like a great bike, if it holds together. But I don’t want to get into that, it has already been covered.

Their review of the Phantom was also really positive.
    Ha, as you can tell, I’m still procrastinating 😉

I WILL decide this week, assuming I can get an answer on pricing and availability of the Following from Silverfish.

pigyn
    Free Member

Want us to find out?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I’ve dropped you an email….

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

For those that are interested in this, there is now more information up at Bike, along with a Q&A with Kevin Walsh of Evil.
    http://www.bikemag.com/news/evils-following-2015-bible-bike-tests-roundtable-reels/

mattjg
    Free Member

So it ‘wins’ the test, is carbon so probably made in short production runs, and comes from a small company. Not many are going to make it over here.

It raises the bar all the same. A good thing. I still want one.

honourablegeorge

Want one myself.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member
    AlexSimon

Get it bought Doug – when are they shipping?

mattjg
    Free Member

Red or black?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

when are they shipping?

This month, they are shipping to customers in the US already apparently! Black only at first, Orange is a couple of months away.
    Still no final UK price though, personally still holding off till I see that before deciding.

AlexSimon

It’s $100 more than the uprising in the US, so maybe £2099 is my guess.

mattjg
    Free Member

It’ll be the same number of pounds as it is dollars. Bike importer spreadsheet maths = not complicated!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I do have indicative prices but not fair to post them publicly until they have been confirmed. One of you is closer than the other 😉

mattjg
    Free Member

make sure you get your lower oil price dividend

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

The more I see and read about this bike the more I like it. The geo looks spot on. I’ll be keeping an eye on it’s UK release and availability.

EDIT: Is there a UK release date?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

EDIT: Is there a UK release date?

This month.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Any more news on availability and pricing on this yet? Really got an itch to see one of these in the plastic… got a horrible feeling it could be ‘the one’…!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

UK pricing is £2400. I believe should be available in the next month.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

wow…! It had better be at least as good as bike mag reckon for that kind of outlay

mattjg
    Free Member

is that for frame, shock and headset Doug?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Yes, frame shock and headset price.
    It is pricey yes, though I suppose it’s in the same ballpark as a carbon frame from Santa Cruz, Yeti et al. Certainly a bit more than I’d hoped for myself since the Uprising is (relatively) good value at £2k, and the US price for these is only $100 more.

mattjg
    Free Member

It’s gotta be said, a full build ’15 Kona Process 111, Pikes, X1, < £3k. How important to you is the carbon?

Or a full lower end build, ’14, less than the price of the Following frame. (The Process 111 frames didn’t change between ’14 and ’15 apart from colour, I checked with Kona on that).

I’m not trying to put you off, I love gorgeous bikes too, but sometimes a reality check is helpful.

roverpig

But the Evil is orange. You can’t put a price on orange 🙂

klunky
    Free Member

Granted the newer Kona bikes are different breed from days of old but some people, myself included, could never bring themselves to own a kona. Im sure Doug is aware of my kona experience but the lack of customer service and warranty was at a level that I doubt many on here would believe.

mattjg
    Free Member

Fair dos, my first decent MTB was a Kona Kula and I still ride it 12 years later so I have no issue. (Or contact with them in the intervening years).

AlexSimon

Dearer than I was thinking.

US/UK prices:
    Evil The Following: 2599/2400 = 1.08
    Ibis HD3: 2900/2599 = 1.12
    Pivot Mach 6: 2999/2500 = 1.12
    Bronson CC: 2899/2799 = 1.04 (often thought to be poor exchange rate)
    Yeti SB5C: 3399/2799 = 1.21 (same distributor?)

mattjg
    Free Member

Well it makes a change from 1:1!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

It’s gotta be said, a full build ’15 Kona Process 111, Pikes, X1, < £3k. How important to you is the carbon?

Carbon is almost entirely unimportant, I’d take an aluminium one given the choice.
    As for the Kona, I don’t want one regardless of price. I’ve got several bike build spreadsheets to give me a reality check on cost, and none of them tell me a Kona is a good buy!

jam-bo

I’ve got several bike build spreadsheets to give me a reality check on cost, and none of them tell me a Kona is a good buy!

riding one probably would though…but hey spreadsheet says no…

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I think you miss my point, but anyway, this isn’t a thread about whether I want to buy a Kona or not, it was about the Evil, I was just sharing the pricing info I had as I knew a few on this thread were interested. Whether they feel it is good value to them, and what other bikes they want to benchmark it against is entirely up to them.

Oh, and what Klunky said 😉

mattjg
    Free Member

Doug, side question, at what price does your spreadsheet say the P111 become an “OK buy” (for someone who might want one!)?

I agree it’s a bit over priced from an accounting POV.

http://www.konaworld.com/process_111.cfm

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘New Evil Bikes 29er!’ is closed to new replies.