Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New Event Poster – Slate it or Rate it
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

After accusations that the previous poster didn't scream the joy of the festival we have funked up the poster. At least I thin he said 'funked'

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Who's 'he'? The work experience lad?

markd
    Free Member

looks like a lily allen album cover or summink

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, that's funky. I like it. (I also like Lily Allen)

What bands ya got? What sorta tunes?
    😀

rOcKeTdOg

lily allen will be carrying my babies soon

Harry_the_Spider

Has she stolen your kids? Pikey tart.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I would want the words "big bike bash" to be quite a lot larger personally.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Yep, like it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Someone said Lilly Allen might be playing the Big Bike Bash!

nuke

tbh whilst I've seen lots of plugs for this event, I hadn't actually realised all the profits were going to charity so good on you for that. Can't go as I'm on holiday but good luck with it.

maxray
    Free Member

the bottom 2/3 are alright not sure about the top though.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just heard Lilly has been associated with illeagal drugs so she has been banned from the Big Bike Bash – Sorry rocketdog but you will have to keep her tied up in your tent

mdb
    Free Member

Drop the date underneath the headline and on same line or below "mountain bike festival" bit.

Use the extra space to make the headline bigger.

Take the headline out of the awful yellow box and lose the three "B's" logo which looks like Mr Blobby and his two mates doing strange things to each other.

Drop the road signs for something a bit more natural / cycling friendly like wooden trail signs or similar.

If its a MTB festival need more imagery to reflect this as all I can really see is a soundsystem. Maybe lose the speaks and replace with a single bike image or a few different shots.

Keep everything else.

Where do I send my invoice?

Richyb
    Free Member

Like it apart from the "big bike bash bbb" logo which is rubbish.

willej

What bands ya got? What sorta tunes?

We're playing!

Like the poster WCA. You joking about Lilly Allen?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Poster is already printed but thanks for the comments.

Yeah, Lilly Allen would never let RocketDog tie her up.

We have also banned Bono from U2 for being irritating and Bob Dylan for going electric.

tinribz
    Free Member

Think I might walk past that without reading, looks a bit like a local fete flyer. Should use some people to make more engaging, a pair of eyes somewhere.

Would you walk past / turn up for this:

Could snap some photos for next year's.

chakaping
    Free Member

Second (or third or fourth) comments about logo being a bit naff.

Rest looks quite good, although the speakers are much bigger than the biker – so you may end up with carloads of cheesy quavers who mistakenly thought they were going to Global Gathering.

Also, why is there a field of rapeseed as the background? Is that where it's being held? Makes a nice backdrop, but leaves me with the nagging worry that you're holding your event in a field full of crops.

EDIT: Just read that you've printed it already, so constructive criticism is a bit pointless.

I'll just say it's nice.

DezB
    Free Member

tinribz – that photo is fantastic. Thank you.

WCA – I like it, except the yellow banner with the unfinished looking bbb logo.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Why's the beer with the bikes and not with the bands?

If you want constructive critisism though, the charity bit is tiny, is that not a really important aspect of it? Also, the only bike is tiny and looks like someone's dad riding his tourer to work, can't you put someone on a bike that looks a bit more 'mountain bikey' and maybe it should be a bit more obvious?

Happy to be of assistance. Hope it goes well for you.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Charity sticker is important but not what draws people in. I asked on here before if people did events like CLIC24 because it was for charity and the general reply was no, they did it for the event.

FWIF I preferred the old logo bit but was argued down by other people. Must learn not to compromise.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New Event Poster – Slate it or Rate it’ is closed to new replies.