Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New Evans store Guildford – 10/10
  • sam_underhill

Needed my crown race moved from one fork to another today, I phoned ahead and they had time to do it while I waited. They were friendly, knowledgeable and best of all wouldn’t charge me.

I will be going back there for other stuff as and when I need it.

piha
    Free Member

They have helped me out recently, good helpful crowd in there, they will have a bit more competition once the new Giant Concept shop opens in town though!

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Drove past it today (Evans that is) and wondered what it would be like. Would probably still favour the smaller chains of stores for work on the bike, but handy to know that are ok in Evans.

njee20
    Free Member

Where’s the Giant concept store going? Always found it surprising there’s not been a bike shop in central Guildford since Guildford Cycles went.

pastcaring
    Free Member

They were friendly, knowledgeable and best of all wouldn’t charge me.

buy them some biscuits 8)

loddrik
    Free Member

Funny, I remember doing the early Evans pre-ap for the Planning Permission when I was at Guildford Borough Council.

piha
    Free Member

It’s on the corner of Sydney and Epsom Roads, I drove past it during the week and was quite surprised to see a new bike shop being stocked up!

souldrummer
    Free Member

The Giant store is in the old Stanford Garage. Pretty sure it opened today. When I rode past on Tuesday they were stocking up. Looks good. Run by the same guy who runs Switchback Cycles in Knaphill.

souldrummer
    Free Member

…or even the old Sanford Garage…

theotherjonv

what does a Giant concept store do Is it only bikes and related Giant paraphenalia, or do they also do generic (eg: shimano / sram) spares, a workshop, etc…..

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i found the wimbledon store similarly good. top marks from me.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Good job it was free otherwise it would have been annoying when I said that you could have borrowed tools from me to do that!

I went into switchback a while ago to ask about getting a giant anthem x frame – they wanted to sell me an instock anthem bike and have me strip it down and eBay the unwanted parts, even though that would have left me without an rp23. When pushed for a price the owner quoted about 400 gbp more than rrp on the frame, presumably to make the instock anthems.look like a good idea.

njee20
    Free Member

Just been into the Giant store, opened this morning, looks good. V shiny, nicely laid out, some decent kit. Sensible mix of non Giant stuff too!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New Evans store Guildford – 10/10’ is closed to new replies.