Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • new Evans store Cheltenham
  • grahamh
    Free Member

Something missing from the front of the new store, any one care to guess.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

A butt-plug with a horse tail?

mboy
    Free Member

Customers?

But then it doesn’t open for a few more weeks yet I’m sure…

grahamh
    Free Member

Ok, if you arrived by bike what would you like to do before you go browsing inside!
    (Please consider that this new store is only a stones throw from Chav central)

mrmo
    Free Member

Graham if they wanted bikes littering the place why would they have decided to locate the store in the middle of an industrial estate that is to be blunt a **** to get to by bike! (for most of the people in Cheltenham.)

Its near the M5, i think that is more important than the needs of cyclists…

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I can’t remember the last time I went to a bike shop that had “bike Parking” outside.

LoCo
    Free Member

Don’t people take bikes inside anymore, well apart from that place in Thetford where the guy went mental at me for taking my clean bike in 😉

grahamh
    Free Member

ok here’s 2 local hops to start.
    (hoping these links work)
    Cheltenham Cycles secure anchor point hidden by the van and boxes.
    Leisure Lakes

simmy
    Free Member

Evans at Manchester Deansgate has bike parking inside just through the door, handy when the other week I took my lock but forget to take the key with me 🙄

mrmo
    Free Member

fairly certain that Williams in Cheltenham have bike parking as well,

And considering that the shop is along way from the town centre it isn’t going to get many people walking there. Either ride or drive, does seem odd not to have bike parking in that context, but it may be that they just haven’t got round to installing it yet.

cyclepathologist
    Free Member

Bike racks for customers who have ridden to the store will be sited inside the shop as they are in most if not all Evans stores.

IHN

Where’s the store?

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve not noticed bike parking inside the Brum Evans, got some right looks when I leant my bike up against a wall in the upstairs bit

Anyway, real cyclists only browse Evans & then buy from a proper shop don’t they?

cyclepathologist
    Free Member

“as they are in most if not all Evans stores”.
    Speak with a member of staff and they should be able to help you out with parking your bike ( subject to space limitations ) inside the store.
    “Real cyclists”
    You mean people who pedal their bikes as opposed to those who take them on the bus?
    “A proper shop”
    You mea- …… I’m bored now.

mrmo
    Free Member

@IHN, over runnings road way i believe.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Would you really want to leave your bike outside there even locked up?????? :roll:.
    IHN right by the roundabout swindon road/Kingditch lane junction,next to Bensons Beds.Mostly in Runnings road.
    I think the staff will have there hands full trying to keep the stock from vanishing of the racks 😉

woody74

The Evans store in Bristol is the same. Does seem odd to have no bike rack even when thy have a space right by their car park. Couple of times it would have helped me out

MoreCashThanDash

Nottingham have a couple of racks inside the door. And a very useful track pump for making sure that mid commute puncture repairs are properly up to pressure.

I’m guessing that planning permission for bike racks on a busy pavement may not be that easy to get, given the Nottingham stores location – and there are bike racks 100 yds down the road anyway.

mrmo
    Free Member

Morecash, it is in an industrial estate very little pedestrian traffic big car park though.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’ve always found Evans to be pretty good tbh. I’ve always taken the bike in with me, they’ll price match lots of stuff, and they’re usually pretty easy to get to after work (most lbs seem be closed once i’ve left the office!).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘new Evans store Cheltenham’ is closed to new replies.