Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • New England Manager?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Can you be trusted not to make a dick of yourself to complete strangers?

boxelder

100% winning record though – best Engerland boss ever. I can hear the laughter from 20 miles south of Scotland (again).

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Brilliant news.

SA is a total bell-end.

I’m glad to see the back of him!

hora
    Free Member

Harry that is a loaded question no?

Saccades
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

Thank £%&#. Now we can move onto the next overpaid mid-table manager.

jimmy

A Brucey-bonus for Steve?

the-muffin-man

A Brucey-bonus for Steve?

We need Steve Bruce at Derby now – England can now have Pearson! 😀

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Thank £%&#. Now we can move onto the next overpaid mid-table manager.

Doubt Mourinho would want it?

dannyh
    Free Member

What a nob Sam Allardyce is. Couldn’t resist giving it the big “I am” and portraying himself as up for a bit of wheeler dealing. A bit like when Dallaglio got stung all those years ago, because he wanted to portray himself as a bit of ‘player’.

Some people are just plain thick.

Coyote
    Free Member

Nail on the head dannyh!

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s a farce.

Should be played out at the Royal Opera House.

slackalice
    Free Member

Inrat. However, my take on this is that it has little to do with the game itself, or the press masterminding yet another national team debacle. I would suggest that in this instance, the journo’s are themselves pawns in this and at some point in the past, big Sam royally pissed someone off who has now enacted their revenge and not one broken knee cap involved.

zanelad
    Free Member

You can’t con an honest man as someone once said. Why Sam Avarice would risk everything for around 10% of his salary beggars belief.

He can’t be short of a bob or two.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

I believe Sepp Blatter and Issa Hayatou are both available!

nick1962
    Free Member

Some people are just plain thick.

You can’t con an honest man as someone once said. Why Sam Avarice would risk everything for around 10% of his salary beggars belief

Or he’s just greedy and he’s got a track record-remember the Stevens report?
    There were also unanswered concerns regarding the involvement of Craig Allardyce in a number of transactions. “The inquiry remains concerned at the conflict of interest that it believes existed between Craig Allardyce, his father Sam Allardyce – the then manager at Bolton – and the club itself.”

ctk
    Free Member

Is he sacked? Or has he resigned? I hope he hasn’t been paid off.

kimbers

They FA are a **** joke

They’ve been through this before
    10 years ago the BBC panorama made the same claims about him
    The FA launched their usual rigourous investigation, looked into every club in the country and found them all innocent ….. Apart from Luton Town who’s manager had appeared in the panorama doc claiming it was endemic in football, they were given a record fine and points deduction went bankrupt and then were deducted even more points, starting the next season on -20 or something ridiculous having been forced to sell their best players in a middle of an FA cup run.

Anyway the FA (like all big money sporting bodies) are complicit in covering up this kind of corruption and then why not match fixing and obviously doping.

May as well watch WWE wrestling- its about as genuine as any other big sport

convert

So, the list of current Englishmen managing in the EPL – Eddie Howe,Sean Dyche, Alan Pardew, Mike Phelan (sort of). Has there ever been a time when getting on the short list took less talent and experience? Have to go for a Jonnie Foreigner surely.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Last successful English manager – Howard wilko in 1991…..

That’s if we’re talking winning the top league….

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Stupid thing to get caught doing, but he’d only be saying what everyone else in the game knows goes on. Like I said, very silly, especially considering his role, but not corrupt and not much of a scandal. If there really was a scandal I suspect he’d be a lot more careful about who he’s talking to and where.

PrinceJohn

Last successful English manager – Howard wilko in 1991…..

That’s if we’re talking winning the top league….

Wow. That’s just won stat of the day.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Rooney for player manager – as his legs ‘go’ he can move to centre mid, defensive mid, centre half, goalie by 2030 World Cup.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Stupid thing to get caught doing, but he’d only be saying what everyone else in the game knows goes on.

So, that makes it ok??

SA deserves to be out of the job – make no mistake about that.

If you’re employer takes a stand on a given matter, you are then caught giving advice how to circumvent said matter then you deserve 2 things:

1. The sack.
    2. An award in f-wittery for gobbing off about to get round said matter.

cchris2lou

through my son school we got tickets to the England v malta game next week end , to ” witness a new era under Sam Allardice ” !!! lol . they might need to reword the letter .

whatnobeer
    Free Member

So, that makes it ok??

he deserved the sack, 100%, you can’t undermine your employer like that, but it’s not the greatest footballing crime is it? Clubs, agents and managers skirt the rules all the time, the FA do nothing about it unless the press kicks up a fuss. The FFP rules are made a mockery of every year. It’s a joke and firing SA wont make a blind bit of difference.

Garry_Lager

whatnobeer – Member

So, that makes it ok??

he deserved the sack, 100%, you can’t undermine your employer like that, but it’s not the greatest footballing crime is it? Clubs, agents and managers skirt the rules all the time, the FA do nothing about it unless the press kicks up a fuss. The FFP rules are made a mockery of every year. It’s a joke and firing SA wont make a blind bit of difference. I think someone of previous good character could have skated that no problem – contrite apology, I was terribly misinterpreted etc. With BigSam though, he’s already a bit shady in many people’s minds, so it just looks really bad and he can’t bullshit his way out of it. He’s not been in the job 5 minutes and he’s working angles to line his own pockets.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was terribly misinterpreted

but they have a tape so not really an option

Probably had to go as the HMRC thing and agreeing to break the rules just makes him look like a greedy bastard who loves money and does not have much of a moral code.

Daft thing to have done especially when he is so well paid anyway

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have to say I feel sorry for him. Stupid stupid thing to do but have the Telegrapgh really achieved, hardly lifting the lid on Lance Armstrong was it ?

Garry_Lager

Junkyard – lazarus

I was terribly misinterpreted

but they have a tape so not really an optionThere’s always elements of doubt that allow you to build your own counter-story. Here’s John Higgins being misinterpreted saying he would accept money to throw snooker frames – different league of cheating to BigSam. Rap on the knuckles for failing to inform the authorities and he was back on the green baize in no time.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln85qbCRI6w[/video]

PrinceJohn

The major problem with this is once Sam goes there’ll be no further investigation, no tightening of the rules the he can circumvent & no changes other than the England manager & the Daily Telegraph will have sold a few more copies.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I hope he hasn’t been paid off.

A reported 7-figure sum for him to leave quickly and quietly.

Alan Shearer has popped his head above the parapet with some opinion or other.

“Look at meee! Pick meeeeee!”

ctk
    Free Member

Why didn’t they have the balls to just sack him ffs.

ctk
    Free Member

Alan Shearer would be fantastic* **

*I’m Welsh
    *I find him boring on MOTD (but good on England matched tbf)

rickmeister

German TV this morning reporting him as fired.. not leaving by agreement

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Breaking news – he’s to become new shadow minister for sport.

binners

The speculation on who’s going to be next just highlights how unbelievably arrogant and utterly delusional not only the FA, but also the English media are.

Arsene Wenger? Seriously? Why the **** would he want it? If he doesn’t renew his contract at Arsenal, then I’d think he’ll be getting offers from top tier sides from all over Europe. Take the England job instead? get a grip. I think we know what he thinks about the standard of English footballers by the huge amount of them he has in his squad!

Then they say Sean Dyche or Eddie Howe, as they’re good young managers. Well… exactly. They’re managing lower tier Premiership clubs…. well …with no doubt the ambition to end up managing one of the big boys. So, again…. Why the **** would either of them want it? Its graveyard for managerial careers.

On another level…. I did some work for Burnley last year, and spent a bit of time at Turf Moor. Its an incredibly solid, professional and well run business. Which allows Sean Dyche to get on with doing his job, without the constant off-pitch drama and farce as a distraction. So why would you go and work for a corrupt shambles like the FA?

They’ll end up with what they deserve. A middling English manager, who’s never won owt, and never will. Or a foreign manager who fancies a quick multi-million quid payday

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sounds like the labour party…

MSP

Nah, that level of greed and corruption puts them right in the tory heartlands.

chorlton
    Free Member

It’s ok everyone. “It was an error of judgement”.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘New England Manager?’ is closed to new replies.