Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 132 total)
  • New England Manager?
  • Northwind

mefty – Member

Once Big Sam resigns, who is going to replace him?

Berti Vogts

loddrik
    Free Member

The press are desperate for an England team to be successful, yet as soon as a new manager is appointed they are determined to demolish him. England will always be shite unless the press stop vilifying the managers. At least leave all this til he’s out of the job at the end of his contract.

I like Big Sam, he tells things how they are.

martinhutch

I like Big Sam, he tells things how they are.

Trump for England manager! (Subject to availability).

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Isn’t this just a ploy to discredit all England managers until Hoddle’s comments seem so minor that he can be reappointed?
    Perhaps the day that they select a manger with integrity, they will be able to move forward. If the dude was squeaky clean the press would find nothing.
    Makes you think.

jimmy

wot lodderz said

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Berti Vogts

Craig Levein would be better, he wouldn’t worry about Vardy or Kane, he’d leave them both out and put six in defence.

stewartc
    Free Member

Wouldn’t the most obvious answer be to sack the members of the FA and replace them first, serious incompetence in recruitment and management starts at the top?

As for the following points from the newspaper article:
    Criticised his predecessor Roy Hodgson, dubbing him “Woy” and saying that he “hasn’t got the personality” for public speaking – True
    Said England’s players were underperforming because they had a “psychological barrier” and “can’t cope” – True, and probably related to the UK press
    Suggested that players who were not being played for their club should not be picked for England – This should be obvious bar the amount of foreign players in the EPL means its hard for any English player to get regular team football at a top club
    Described the FA decision to redevelop Wembley as “stupid – Very True, when England rotated around the country it gave a lot of people a chance to see and support them

As for Sam, is he doing anything that really undermines his main job bar a little consultancy on the side?

edlong
    Free Member

Pisses me off that journos do this kind of thing, though. Clearly a form of entrapment just to create easy headlines on an easy subject.

I don’t think they often just go randomly fishing – most often they will be following up a lead, i.e. information has come their way that so-and-so is looking for some income on the side / a load of drugs / dodgy sex and then they lay the trap.

martinhutch

so-and-so is looking for some income on the side / a load of drugs / dodgy sex

Are we talking about Keith Vaz again?

mefty
    Free Member

The most interesting bit of the story is the fourth paragraph, namely:

Unbeknown to Allardyce, the businessmen were undercover reporters and he was being filmed as part of a 10-month Telegraph investigation that separately unearthed widespread evidence of bribery and corruption in British football.

So it appears more wide spread revelations may follow.

dragon
    Free Member

when England rotated around the country it gave a lot of people a chance to see and support them

Except last time they played a game away from Wembley they didn’t get a full crowd. It also means that the FA aren’t at the whim of a club, they can put on what they want, when they want.

the amount of foreign players in the EPL means its hard for any English player to get regular team football at a top club

Not foreigners that are problem, it is the English players who aren’t good enough.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Britsh football press are pussy cats in comparison to the Italians

As for press tactics they are obvious, used by the fake Sheik all the time, find celeb wanting a bit more profile / £ – invite them for a few drinks, discuss drugs ask if celeb can get them some => front page splash about drug dealing. Sam should have seen it coming

From the coverage I’ve seen all he did is agree to give a speech for £400k and make a statement of the obvious that there are ways around FA rules. Allardice has been pretty stupid but it would be simpler if England manager had a clause saying no outside earnings.

Hodgson was a terrible choice, just appointed as FA felt Rednap was too much of a risk

avdave2

Not foreigners that are problem

Yes it is the bloody foreigners to blame, if they wouldn’t keep playing football better than us then we might win something.

Coyote
    Free Member

Not foreigners that are problem, it is the English players who aren’t good enough

Good point well made. How many top English players are plying their trade abroad? In fact how often do we hear of top foreign sides scouting out up and coming or established Englisg Premiership players? Not very often. Money is not an issue so I suspect that lack of quality has a lot to do with it.

#edit – not a lot to diasgree with in jambalayas post either.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not foreigners that are problem

Foreigners are the problem, they keep beating us. All other international teams should only field English players, the we’d have a level playing field 🙂

binners

The FA is completely dysfunctional, and not fit for purpose. Well… unless the sole purpose is to create a massive, self-serving, corrupt gravy train.

Just appointing manager after manager, set up to fail from the off, is just papering over the fact that the whole system of English football is completely and utterly ****ed! And the half-arsed, shambolic tournament humiliations simply reflect whats going on off the pitch

stewartc
    Free Member

RE Foreigners, why invest in grass roots football when you can bring in someone who is ready now, plus an agent can get a fee?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Alan Shearer, Alan Hansen and Gary Lineker MOTD co-operative managers ftw! 😆

cpon
    Free Member

I’d be happy to see the back of the national England side in favour of Team GB. There’s too much baggage with England.

jambalaya
    Free Member

It really would be too embarrasing if Big Sam gets the chop. 1 match 😳

Personally I think he’ll get a good telling off not least to avoid FA embarrasment.

gonzy
    Free Member

As for press tactics they are obvious, used by the fake Sheik all the time, find celeb wanting a bit more profile / £ – invite them for a few drinks, discuss drugs ask if celeb can get them some => front page splash about drug dealing. Sam should have seen it coming

From the coverage I’ve seen all he did is agree to give a speech for £400k and make a statement of the obvious that there are ways around FA rules. Allardice has been pretty stupid but it would be simpler if England manager had a clause saying no outside earnings.

Hodgson was a terrible choice, just appointed as FA felt Rednap was too much of a risk

for once Jambalaya, i find myself completely agreeing with you!!

The FA is completely dysfunctional, and not fit for purpose. Well… unless the sole purpose is to create a massive, self-serving, corrupt gravy train.

Just appointing manager after manager, set up to fail from the off, is just papering over the fact that the whole system of English football is completely and utterly ****ed! And the half-arsed, shambolic tournament humiliations simply reflect whats going on off the pitch

this is also spot on!

martinhutch

Let’s party!

Jaysus. All he needs is Pele to walk in and he really is Mike Bassett!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Is that a record?

johndoh
    Free Member

Unbelievable

Gary_C

Jeremy Corbyn for England manager!

Just one slight flaw though… The ball will always be getting passed forward down the left wing, whilst the right winger will be stood around doing nowt.

Sui
    Free Member

I’m not convinced anyone actually thought he would last his term. Time for the FA to stop going for celebs or complete no hopes. Get Fergie in or O’Neil.. Or one of those mad Mediterranean ones..

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I believe the story will continue to run. A few club managers will be worried about the next revelations.

allthepies
    Free Member

100% win record though!

PrinceJohn

From Big Sam

“Although it was made clear during the recorded conversations that any proposed arrangements would need the FA’s full approval, I recognise I made some comments which have caused embarrassment.”

I’m surprised they didn’t sit on the story till just before a tournament to be honest.

Klunk
    Free Member

unbelievable ! what a mess, bring back king kev!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Makes you proud of our national sport….what next cycling?

Garry_Lager

State of that. The FA should just disband the England team for the next two world cup cycles – throw the whole circus into the sea, then dive in themselves. Can anyone honestly say they would miss it?

Coyote
    Free Member

The English national game. The gift that keeps on giving! 😆

Harry_the_Spider

omnishambles

/??mn??amb(?)lz/

noun: omnishambles

a situation that has been comprehensively mismanaged, characterized by a string of blunders and miscalculations.

MSP

Nigel Pearson should be available soon.

sierrakilo
    Free Member

Don Revie must be having a little chuckle

Harry_the_Spider

Cliff Richard is available.

hora
    Free Member

I could do it. Let’s face it, all I have to do is ask for a 1-0 win in the early stages then for England to fold mid-point and I’ll collect millions in pay as reward.

How hard is that?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘New England Manager?’ is closed to new replies.