Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • New enduro 3k budget
  • swainy90
    Free Member

Looking for a do it all bike really. I currently have a 140mm xc bike and a dh bike but looking to sell both with this bike to replace. not to worried about how well the bike climbs as it just means Ill have to work harder but needs to be capable dh for tracks such as revo, black mountain ect. What do you guys recommend.

alextemper
    Free Member

A Bird Aeris 145.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

140mm XC bike? YT Capra, Canyon Strive and the Aeris are all worth a look.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    swainy90
    Free Member

thanks hugh. Does 140mm xc bike not seem correct????

sambob
    Free Member

In the standard “recommend what you have” STW post, I really like my Kona Process 153, sounds ideal for what you describe.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Radon swoop 170. If I had £3k knocking around that’d be where my ££££ would be going.

swainy90
    Free Member

Thanks guys going to look at both now

jamesmio
    Free Member

Bird Aeris.

Genuinely can’t see how I could’ve spent a similar budget 8 months ago on a better bike. Superb machine, backed up by superb after sales.

swainy90
    Free Member

Kona very nice but spec and looks the radon swoop looks the dogs. Can the bird aeris handle the same as a 170mm bike?? I’m not totally clued up on the technicalities but would the radon be far more capable dh?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Everything I’ve read says the swoop is a monster on the downhills, but is still lively enough to be enjoyable and engaging.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

The Bird will be a great all rounder. swoop is gonna be a bigger hitter, similar to the Capra. Swoop is a bargain. Bird is local and great value. Whyte G160 worth a look.

In traditional stw fashion, my Rose Uncle Jimbo is frickin awesome.

swainy90
    Free Member

Yokaiser a little to similar to my current dh bike. Looking for a do it all bike really. I live very local to Cannock chase so will be used couple time in the week there and then weekend on more dh oriented trails/ uplifts

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cotic Flare or Rocket, probably the latter given dh bias ? My 2012 Transition Covert pedals pretty well and does dh very nicely, perhas take a look at Patrol/Scout too.

If you can get along to a Cotic demo you can ride the bikes back to back and in different wheel sizes/setups.

chakaping
    Free Member

I have a radon swoop and it’s awesome, but i wouldn’t pick it as an only bike.

Maybe the yt jeffsy in 650b?

weeksy

I found the Process 153 as cumbersome as a breeze block and as much fun as a night out with Les Dennis. I only rode it 3 times and sold it… it wasn’t a nice bike IMO.

poah
    Free Member

Bird Aeris or airdrop edit. swoop and capra far too much bike unless you are doing uplifts.

Bagstard
    Free Member

If you intend to keep riding Revo etc I would go swoop or capra, although the Aeris is said to ride way beyond it’s travel.

chakaping
    Free Member

Having read the OP properly, I retract my previous suggestion and agree you should get the Swoop.

BoardinBob

New entry level Enduro is tidy and great VFM

https://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/115240

wl
    Free Member

Orange Alpine 6. Just see the 2017 Dirt 100 (their top products of the year) for a glowing review.

chakaping
    Free Member

Swoop was their enduro bike of the year though.

😉

(I’d be happy with either)

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’ll recommend what I’ve got as well. A YT Capra. It goes uphill well as a bonus.

joefm

If you’re looking at the Radon you may as well look at the Spec Enduro linked above. Don’t go thinking its a slouch. It’s lighter than most of the bikes listed here.

cokie

Whyte G160. Good value for money and an excellent descender.
    Lots of spares and supported by lots of LBS’s too for peace of mind.

swainy90
    Free Member

Thanks for all the comments guys. Do like the yt capra only thing putting me off is unsure wether to get a medium or large being 5 ft 9. Must admit the radon is sounding very tempting as seems excellent value for money. Aeris is still up there but maybe I’ll be asking a bit much of it with uplifts. Think it sounds that a one bike do all is a difficult task to handle

cyclelife
    Free Member

I tried all the available 160mm bikes this time last year including the boutique brands – could have bought any of them but the best feeling bike for me was the Nukeproof Mega – hated the G160, the Reign was very good down the tracks but not quite so good up.

lucky7500

In the long tradition of suggest what you own, I’ll throw the Banshee Spitfire in to the mix as well. It does pretty much exactly what you are after. The Orbea Rallon might be worth a look as well. They seem to do some pretty impressive prices for full bikes.

swainy90
    Free Member

For the money do you guys think there is better than the capra??? Looked at both the orbea and banshee and both nice bikes. Which has made my decision either harder!!!

hambl90
    Free Member

Latest version of the jekyll is worth a look .

anagallis_arvensis

Airdrop Edit

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I would go for the swoop over the Capra, but it’s probably down to which you like the look of the most. In all likelihood any of these bikes will be more than capable for 99% of riders.Its probably difficult to beat the value for money aspect of the direct sales brands though.

capra far too much bike unless you are doing uplifts.

Utter nonsense

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘New enduro 3k budget’ is closed to new replies.