Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New Elixir 5 brake clamp confusion!!!
  • beas1981
    Free Member

Hi all.

Just recieved and fitted new Elixir 5 brakes to replace my old Elixir R. The new brakes are fitted with a hinged clamp with a sinlge bolt going through the brake body.

The old brakes were fitted with the traditional split clams with two bolt. On the clamp body of the old clamp was an add-on to fit my x9 shifter to the same clamp (matchmaker?)

However, with the new hinged clamps fitted the is no attachment to screw in the x9 shifter. I now have no way to attach the shifter!!!

Can someone explain how this new system works. I’m a bit confused about the different matchmaker clamp system. From looking around I think I’ve found a new clamp that will work but it’s £30!!! I’m sure all I need is a tiny additional piece to add to the new hinge somehow that I already have…

I can’t see anywhere that sells spares.

Does that make sense???!!!!! 😕

Lifer
    Free Member

Yeah looks like a completely different (and more complicated) matchmaker system.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=40907

beas1981
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s what I need. But I have the bloody clamp, surely I can just buy the black shifter bit for a couple of quid?!! Scamming sods!

coatesy
    Free Member

They may be available seperately, if you want to search through Fishers Outdoor and Leisure site you may find them.

coatesy
    Free Member

Just checked, they’re available as a hardware kit for £19.99, but Fishers have the whole clamp arrangement on special offer at the moment, so your LBS could probably do them a bit cheaper if their next order qualifies for free P&P.(part no. AV150060)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New Elixir 5 brake clamp confusion!!!’ is closed to new replies.