Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • New Elbow album
  • Harry_the_Spider

5 tracks in and it’s mint.

Hoping that there is a barn stormer on here before the end.

isitaboutabicycle
    Free Member

Much different to The Seldom Seen Kid?

motivforz
    Free Member

Agreed, its a great album and all I’m listening to this week. Listened to their back catalogue before ‘The Seldom Seen Kid’, and can’t believe they weren’t picked up earlier.

bigbmx
    Free Member

Bunch of whining arses as usual

CountZero

Bunch of whining arses as usual

Takes one to know one.
    Unlike you, Elbow don’t do ‘whining’; they do do emotional, however, something you obviously seem incapable of recognising.

Harry_the_Spider

Track 9 is the barn stormer.

allthepies
    Free Member

Ooo, it’s on Spotify now 🙂 Rip-tastic.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oops dropped mine in the bike forum

still awesome few listens in

Lippy Kids
    &
    Jesus is a Rochdale Girl

Harry_the_Spider

My favourite after one listen.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwcsVEwJyj8[/video]

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

I really like Elbow and im really disappointed by the new album despite quite a few listens now……. 😐

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

got tickets to see them at the men later in the month

househusband
    Free Member

There’s been some brilliant music come out over the last few weeks; PJ Harvey’s new one – and now this!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I think the lead singer looks like Ton!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

He’s faster than ton

CountZero

Listened to it again tonight, and it just gets better. Particularly like the birds and lippy kids but I think high ideals is going to be a crowd pleaser live. Standing area at the O2 Arena on the 29th. Really excited about this gig, although I’ve seen Elbow four or five times so far, this is the first time I’ve been to the O2.

MrGreedy

One listen so far, and it’s good, but hasn’t grabbed me in quite the same way as their previous records did. Hoping it’s going to be a grower…

stucol
    Free Member

Still think Seldom Seen Kid is their best Album. Do really like “My very best” from Leaders of the free world.

Off to see them at the SECC on Tuesday. Should be excellent.

sc-xc

I hadn’t heard a thing by them, was given a ticket a while back to see them at the Civic in wolvo – enjoyed the gig and really liked the frontman…just not really sure about the music.

Kahurangi

Seeing them on Wednesday, can’t wait 8)

Love the stuff on the new album, it really gets in your head

julianwilson
    Free Member

Saw them years ago, (2003?) really great. First album is aaaaawesome, I never got why they weren’t this popular from the start: it’s not like they were unheard of cos they weren’t making as good records as they do now.

My now-failed indie musician besht mate used to have the same music publishers as them and so often met them at music biz ‘events’: says that they are proper nice down to earth non-‘stars’ too.

stanfree
    Free Member

I love Guy Garvey not for his music but because he seems like a totally sound dude. I also LIKE his music but more so like his music taste on 6 music. Of the new album ‘Lippy Kids’ is truly amazing , Elbow are a great band but are not a James where you can almost listen to every trac k without wanting to push the forward button.

Kunstler

The new album (after only one listen) reminded me of the first elbow album which I love. Guy Garvey seems such an endearing character – as well as obviously being a poetic genius it turns out he’s also a very keen bird watcher.

CountZero

Elbow are a great band but are not a James where you can almost listen to every trac k without wanting to push the forward button.

Almost? James? Really? I don’t possess a single recording by James, and have never heard anything of theirs that had an emotional impact that inspired me to do so. As far as listening to every track is concerned, Elbow, on the other hand, have something that encourages me to listen intently to every track, not just because Guy is a superb lyricist, but there’s always stuff going on in the mix that’s worth listening to, and in fact, out of hundreds of CD’s that I own, I can think of only one where I always skip a track, and that’s Industrial Disease, on Dire Straits’ Love Over Gold, the only album of theirs I own. I really dislike that track, it’s totally out of place and shatters the atmosphere when listening to the album. There are compilations where I skip tracks, but that’s different. I can see why people who are relatively new to the band might find the new album a bit lacking after the last couple which had a lot of more…epic songs, for want of a better term, but I think it’s a clever decision to step back and make a more intimate, thoughtful album. I think that for a lot of people who don’t *get* it, they’ll come back to it after a while and it’ll suddenly hit them. Just my thinking on it.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Elbow = mobile phone advert music with emotional bits for people with lighters at V festival.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Elbow are a great band but are not a James where you can almost listen to every trac k without wanting to push the forward button.

Must admit that Whiplash is one of the those albums for me. Though I do like ELbow too but this comment just reminded me how much I like James.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Shit artwork.

Raindog
    Free Member

duntmatter – Member

Elbow = mobile phone advert music with emotional bits for people with lighters at V festival.

No, that’s Keene…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Keene

I haven’t heard of them, do they sound a bit like Keane?

Hadge
    Free Member

Sedlom Seen Kid is a fantastic album and the new one has at least 3 standout tracks and the rest are growing on me too. If anyones interested I’ve 2 tickets going in the classifieds for the NIA as I can’t get now. I saw them in Sheffield supporting U2 and they were superb there. I’m gutted I can’t go 😥

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘New Elbow album’ is closed to new replies.