• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by dano.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • New DW 5 Spot
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Can't wait to ride it, 1st outing tomorrow. I am well impressed with how it feels riding up & down my road and the riding position is spot on.

backhander
    Free Member

Very nice indeed. Lovely colour and well thought out build. Whats it weigh in at and is it me or is the seat angle quite steep on those?
    Name change needed though!
    Flippinspot?
    Spotfilp?
    Greatspott?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

situpandbeg

reggiegasket
    Free Member

it's a time trialler 😯

lowey

I've got WOOD!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Using the bathroom scale method it ways in at 30lb, I have not tried to go for a light build, although looking at sleeker light pedals, the angle is steep you get a more sit in feel than over the bars position, actually its just what I was wanting, the stem was steeper than I was expecting which I am really pleased about. It will be interesting to see how I get on with my first tubeless setup and the Spesh 2bliss Escar Controls.

DeeJay
    Free Member

I wish you would all stop posting pics of the 5spot – having no will power whatsoever I can not stop looking and I don't want another bike — do I?

very nice – even the colour I fancy – boll**ks – looked again 😉

friendsandfamily
    Free Member

Nice bike. Is there a reason why you have turned the front tyre the oposite way? Looks sweet though.

Vortexracing

rumour has it Deejay you are now the proud owner of a Giant Anthem?

DeeJay
    Free Member

rumour has it Deejay you are now the proud owner of a Giant Anthem?

😳 true – but a 5spot would be nice – see I looked again . . . . . .

flippinheckler
    Free Member

[quoteNice bike. Is there a reason why you have turned the front tyre the oposite way? Looks sweet though[/quote]

Oh bugger didn't notice that, the bike shop put the tyres on! Are tubeless tyres with sealant easy to change, or does all the sealant come out, I forgot to buy extra.

elaineanne
    Free Member

hmmm seatpost : lots of fettling services with those apparently..
    nice bike…. enjoy…

carbon337
    Free Member

Missing stripes on lawn fail…

Nice bike though, enjoy.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

[quotehmmm seatpost : lots of fettling services with those apparently..
    nice bike…. enjoy..[/quote]

Yes its been back three times, I'm hoping a bit of inner tube and shock cover will help matters.

dano
    Free Member

I love what you have done with it and hope you really enjoy the ride…
    I have just built mine and she is now 2 rides old…she is better than I have ever imagined and I think they are probably one of the best bikes ever made…

stooo
    Free Member

Both fine looking bikes… though extra points to dano for getting a kitchen to match his bike.

DeeJay
    Free Member

better than I have ever imagined and I think they are probably one of the best bikes ever made…

Tell me more – and what did you have before?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Very nice Dano, I was in two minds to go for Raw, also I noticed your cable routing to the rear dérailleur is different, mine goes through the swingarm and the last cable tie is the other side on mine, someone on noticed on mtbr Turner forum. Can't wait for tomorrow, just been down to change the tyre rotation to the correct way, hope the air stays in as a little of the yellow sealant came out.

The bike feels great pootling around on the road playing with the setup, and pedals effortlessly and since breaking my collar bone six weeks ago I need all the help I can get.

dano
    Free Member

I have had allsorts in the past and have ridden most bike brands, hardtail and full sus…
    The turner suspension is very active to bumps while staying rigid under pedaling power. It takes square edge hits very well and has a low centre of gravity… I am yet to get the set up right but love the bike so far.
    I have the 2009 model and the cable routing is slightly different, I think the bearing bolts have changed also to allow more grease into the links.
    I think you will love the up & down post and I have heard good things about the fulcrums…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New DW 5 Spot’ is closed to new replies.