Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New Drinks Bottle. Sigg or Camelbak?
  • jimjam
    Free Member

Morning. I’m after a new drinks bottle for round the house, so I can have my water but not worry about the babies smashing or spilling my pint glasses. I’ve had a few camelbak better bottles over the years and I found them to be very good but they do just seem to get to a stage where they are so haggard they need a severe boiling or spin in the dishwasher and after this they just seem to taste of everything you put in them.

I’m currently looking at the Camelbak Eddy, which I imagine is just a newer better bottle, tempted by the stainless. I also like the look of the Sigg bottles namely the NAT but have never had one.

Any experience of these or other suggestions? Must be kid proof, spill proof, between 0.5 and 1.0 litre and it would be nice if it could fit in a standard car cupholder but that’s not a deal breaker.

lunge

Err, are you not somewhat overly complicating this? Surely any old bike bottle will do? I like Elite Corsa bottles but not enough to not drink from anything else.

mugsys_m8

Nalgene.

tang
    Free Member

Klean kanteen, loads of sizes and tops. Stainless steel, well worth it.

cookeaa

Take your pick:

Is there really that much difference?

thegreatape
    Free Member

*feels sorry for cookeaa’s son*

marcus7
    Free Member

Can’t say I’ve come across a need for a round the house water bottle where do you live , the atacama??? Or is this a bit like a certain bedside beaker… 😆

boriselbrus
    Free Member

About 20 years ago my mate was banging on about his fantastic sigg bottle and how durable etc it was.

I bought a litre of sparkling water in a plastic bottle, then used the bottle every day for 15 years before I lost it.

My mates sigg split after 5 years…

jimjam
    Free Member

boriselbrus
    About 20 years ago my mate was banging on about his fantastic sigg bottle and how durable etc it was.

I bought a litre of sparkling water in a plastic bottle, then used the bottle every day for 15 years before I lost it.

My mates sigg split after 5 years…

Plastic water bottles aren’t intended to be reused like that. I’m by no means a hypochondriac or health freak but if I can avoid putting any extra Bisphenol A in my system then I’m inclined to do so.

hatter

+1 for Kleen Kanteen, lovely bits of kit.

For the nippers we use Elite JossaNova bottles as they don’t leak when left on their sides or knocked over and they’re easy to strip down and put through the dishwasher for cleaning.

My 2 year old has one that he takes to bed with him every night as he tends to wake up thirsty, we’ve yet to have any incidents with it.

crankboy
    Free Member

good luck with that jimjam “Epoxy resins containing BPA are used to line water pipes”

cliffyc
    Free Member

Have both Camelbak/Sigg & “Sigg Copy” bottles in all shapes and sizes. Worked in LBS and now manage an outdoor store,so have a variety as they are promo items . FWIW the Camelbak is an original (freebie!),from when they launched some years back and,bar the odd scratch is as good as new and I would happily have one again like a shot. The Sigg bottles carry the odd dent from drops transit etc and are fine if battered. You can get spares for both of the branded bottles which is good for longevity,the Camelbak is an early version which need “persuading” to fit a bottle cage,there is a botte cage size now!. 🙂

cookeaa

*feels sorry for cookeaa’s son*

Son?!? I am the sole, marginalised male in my household, can’t you tell? 🙁
    Everything in my house is Pink, or covered in bloody Frozen Stickers…

I do still love the fact that camelbak can charge adults ~£15 for a re-branded Tommee tippee because they think it seems a bit “Outdoorsey”, it’s Marketing genius!

I’m going to design a bottle for the active water drinker, it will be made of Carbon and Ballistic Kevlar and have a special anti-spill valve for when the clumsy twonk’s drop it on their macbook’s…

jimjam
    Free Member

cookeaa

I’m going to design a bottle for the active water drinker, it will be made of Carbon and Ballistic Kevlar and have a special anti-spill valve for when the clumsy twonk’s drop it on their macbook’s…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New Drinks Bottle. Sigg or Camelbak?’ is closed to new replies.