Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Drill! Bosch..dewalt…. or ?
  • jeb

Merry christmas!

I have a budget at 250-300 quid. I heard it should be good to have one with cord for the harder stuff, and one accu for the lighter.

My need is some new quite hard concrete walls, and i found a test where the winner was this bosch pbh 2800 720 w, for harder stuff(price about 135):

http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/824071/Bosch-PBH-2800-RE-Hammer-Drill-230-V50-Hz

I found another test, where the dewalt 730, came out as winner, but it is a lot of money,(price about 160) if you can point to something in the 120-150 range would be fine, for the lighter stuff:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/DeWALT-14-4-V-Akku-Bohrschrauber-DC730KA-DC730-DC-730-/280252958838?pt=DE_Haus_Garten_Heimwerker_Elektrowerkzeuge&hash=item414060c876

pipiom
    Free Member

Anything Makita will smash it and last for ages…… for concrete get SDS and SDS drill bits…..

rwamartin
    Free Member

Makita, DeWalt or Bosch blue are all good.

We’ve got a bosch blue 36v cordless which willl deal with almost anything up to 25mm diameter.

For wood/HSS we use a DeWalt drill/driver + impact driver.

We’ve also got a Bosch blue SDS (I think SDS plus?) with rotostop for heady duty stuff.

nickjb
    Free Member

Makita, DeWalt or Bosch blue are all good

+1

I wouldn’t go do either in the first links.

I’d go for a makita lxt 18v drill-driver for around £100 for the 1.3ah or £150 for the 3ah. Spend the rest on a 2kg SDS and some bits. Getting one with rotor stop for chiselling work is well worth it.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Not sure if it fits in with your budget, but Milwaukee always worth a look.

dantsw13

All my cordless stuff is Ryobi, and the batteries are all interchangeable.

alexdudley
    Free Member

Depends how much you will use it, if it is for work spend as much as you can afford, Milwaukee have been good for me, gets loads of abuse and still going strong after 2 years, that is good! Otherwise Mikita stuff is also good but they have different levels of quality. The quality of the chuck will give an indication to ability.

jeffl

I’ve got a Hitachi SDS+ drill. Can’t fault it used it for removing bricks,tiles and plaster in the recent kitchen refurb. If you get an SDS make sure you get one with rotostop i.e. it has 3 modes; Drill, Drill + Hammer, Hammer.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Both the original links are poor. That dewalt has a ni cd battery for starters ,

As above sds for concrete.

Look at hitachi

used their cordless 24v sds and their impact driver and combi drills , all seemed good to me and have stood up to my dads abuse for a number of years . The dewalt he replaced the drill driver with ( after he dropped hitachi a fair height) is lighter for swinging about every day though.

Ive got their nail guns , circ saw and brushcutter and having used paslodes , makita and stihl on a daily basis growing up working for my dad and grandad i have no qualms recomending their kit.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/hitachi-dh24px-j1-2kg-sds-plus-hammer-drill-230v/86484

Would be nice

Ryobi – about 10 years ago maybe …. These days bnq special and not all that good.

sectuerfive
    Free Member

Take a look at the ryobi range. You can get a drill with 2 li-ion batteries for £90 at b&q, for the concrete stuff you need to drill, take a look at the cordless sds drill they do, it doesn’t come with a battery but it’s around £90 for the drill, and a 4ah battery is £75.

If you wanted an impact driver as well they have do 1 for £60, it’s a little over budget, but you’d have enough drills for any job and more than enough batteries.

kayak23

We have the guy from Bosch come into college where I work every year and demo the power tool range. Always very impressed by the quality. We buy Bosch tools ourselves.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Drill! Bosch..dewalt…. or ?’ is closed to new replies.