Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 398 total)
  • New Doctor is a lady…
  • AdamW
    Free Member

Jody Whittaker.

Coo. Sounds interesting! Lets hope she’s a good ‘un!

derek_starship
    Free Member

She’s totally gorgeous to boot!

gordimhor

Which doctor?

Jamie
    Free Member

Adam’s doctor I think?

AdamW
    Free Member

No, THE Doctor! Sheesh! 😀

thepurist

So will she have a young man assisting her (Matt lucas does not count)

spacemonkey

She can fettle with my sonic screwdriver anytime.

slackboy

David Walliams would be better. He’d make a great lady doctor

AdamW
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-_bSdWEYK8[/video]

I can’t wait to be honest. Suggest you don’t read below the line on the video as there are a lot of bitter nasty types lurking.

gordimhor

Ah I understand now she’s a fettler then this doctor, a bit like these chaps
    [video]https://youtu.be/YTro1w144S4[/video]

sadexpunk

ah thought i recognised the name, just googled and its the lass from broadchurch. aye shes lovely, her mouth always reminded me of frank lampard tho which put me off somewhat 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

They can’t even do three sets at Wimbledon; I don’t see why they should be allowed to play Doctor Who.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not watched it in a while, but does Dr Who come up against many tennis based enemies?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Maybe. maybe not. I’ve never watched it in my life. That’s not the point though.

Drac

Jodie has kicked alien ass before.

Still going to take something to get me to watch Dr Who again though, not enjoyed them for years now.

chewkw
    Free Member

Not niche (representative) enough … 🙄

maccruiskeen

Which doctor?

Doctor Which?

chewkw
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member

Which doctor?

Doctor Which? [/quote]Witch doctor where? 😆

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYgOlqinH7A[/video]

maccruiskeen

Not watched it in a while, but does Dr Who come up against many tennis based enemies?

The Masters?

chewkw
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member

That’s a funny song. 😆

Rorschach
    Free Member

DrP has had the op?

perchypanther
    Free Member

does Dr Who come up against many tennis based enemies?

Silence in Court.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0oXY4nDxE[/video]

😯 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Still going to take something to get me to watch Dr Who again though, not enjoyed them for years now

Most recent series, the last Capaldi one was quite different to other recent series and much more like the first few series of the reboot. It got very bonkers around Amy Pond and then even more unfathomably bonkers with Clara Oswald.

The Dr made a reference to a change of heart at the end of the penultimate series IIRC, so I think it’s a deliberate decision possibly initiated by Capaldi, not sure.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Whole pile of nope.

Not about picking a woman, but that I can’t see her as The Doctor. Plus is clearly just chosen to a) have a woman, and b) Chibnall favours her from his Broadchurch show.

The actor playing The Doctor should be the right person for the role. Tilda Swinton would fit the role in my opinion. But only if in a room of choices, she’s there with other women and men, and she’s the best choice. Not because she’s a woman.

I don’t feel Jodie has been chosen for that reason.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not because she’s a woman

In many circumstances I’d agree with you, but there are also situations where statements have to be made. The fight is not yet won.

wallop

Awwww, was totally hoping it would be Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Should of been Tilda Swinton but im guessing she said no along with everyone else the BBC approached.

CountZero

They can’t even do three sets at Wimbledon; I don’t see why they should be allowed to play Doctor Who.

Loser. 🙄
    Since the reboot, there hasn’t been an episode that trawls the depths of mediocrity like pretty much every one that came after Tom Baker, but I doubt many here can remember back that far.
    Capaldi came closest to the first, and to my mind the best Doctor, William Hartnell, but then, I watched Doctor Who from the first episode, and gave up after Baker, until it was resurrected.

darrenspink – Member
    Should of been Tilda Swinton but im guessing she said no along with everyone else the BBC approached.

Don’t be bloody daft, the Beeb just wouldn’t have been able to afford her!

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s great that the new Dr. Who is a women, if for no other reason than to see the Dail Mail comments section go into meltdown.

deadkenny
    Free Member

More important is how Mumsnet reacts.

Drac

Since the reboot, there hasn’t been an episode that trawls the depths of mediocrity like pretty much every one that came after Tom Baker, but I doubt many here can remember back that far.

He’s not being serious. Add to that the average age on here is in mid 40s IIRC.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

wallop – Member
    Awwww, was totally hoping it would be Phoebe Waller-Bridge.

Me too.

chewkw
    Free Member

Since it’s going to go all comedy for Dr Who now, I rather have Tamsin Greig coz I think she is funny. As in The Episode. Surely the Beeb can afford her?

RustySpanner

Tamsin is already busy at the BBC, she’s Radio Borsetshire’s Hungarian correspondent.

chewkw
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Tamsin is already busy at the BBC, she’s Radio Borsetshire’s Hungarian correspondent.

Oh I don’t know that … I now need to watch that. 😛

maccruiskeen

Tom Baker, but I doubt many here can remember back that far.

If you can remember Tom Baker then you weren’t there.

enfht
    Free Member

Hope her new sonic screwdriver will have sandwich-making capabilities.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I now need to watch that

Who’s going to tell him?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 398 total)

The topic ‘New Doctor is a lady…’ is closed to new replies.