Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New Disco Sport – any experiences ?
  • iainc

I have popped a few posts up in the last month around Volvo XC60/Passat Alltrack/Superb 4×4 etc as I am in the fortunate position to move from a Company Car to a car allowance later in the year and return my nice BMW Estate.

These have caught my eye as a similar price (PCP) alternative and seem to get decent reviews – any real life experiences ?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I guess you need a vehicle like that because there’s still snow in East Kilbride in July 🙂

And they’re so middle class/middle manager/look what I bought (but it’s not actually mine)

perchypanther
    Free Member

Not a fan.
    It looks like quite a good car that’s been sat on.

cp

looks awful in the flesh

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I quite like the regular Disco but the Sport really does look odd

bikebouy
    Free Member

My mate traded in his RRSport (old shape square one 61 reg) three months ago and during the time he had to choose the next 4×4, looked at the DiscoSport. He took one on test over a weekend and whilst he liked it, it was way smaller inside than his RRS. So he then got hold of a new RRS (new similar shape to the Disco) and yet that has more room in it, or perceived room in it and thats what he’s bought.. but then he’s a fanboy of RR’s..
    I’ve sat in it once, nice place to be for sure, but it does look like in the back that you are staring down a tunnel. My XC60 is probably the same size yet feels bigger (but isn’t)

Smaller than you think inside, suggest you spend an hour at a dealer.

iainc

Gary_M – Member
    I guess you need a vehicle like that because there’s still snow in East Kilbride in July

And they’re so middle class/middle manager/look what I bought (but it’s not actually mine) aye 😀

I may yet end up with a Superb, Gary …

bikebouy
    Free Member

And..

Shouldn’t you wait for the Maserati Advert for the new 4×4 they’re doing.. 😉

iainc

thanks bikebuoy, useful. The XC60 was top of my list but there is apparently a new model out later this year, which will likely be out of my price range.

chestrockwell

Gary M….. He might not need one but if he wants one what’s it got to do with you? Very poor attitude IMO.

I have not driven one but think they look ace in the flesh. The top gear review I read said they were great as long as you don’t get the engine it launched with. Pretty sure the new ‘ingenium’ or something like has replaced the old unit now though and that’s meant to be a decent engine.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Gary M….. He might not need one but if he wants one what’s it got to do with you? Very poor attitude IMO.

Are you aware of the word ‘banter’, chill oot fella.

iainc

It’s ok, I know Gary and he can be like that 🙂 …..banter !

Having had a nice company car for the past 10 yrs (various BMW estates) and now moving to a car allowance the obvious thing to do is spend the allowance on a PCP. It’s a decent amount so would allow a XC60/DiscoSport/Superb 4×4 etc without costing me anymore than my company car, so quite keen to see what i can get.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve been a passenger in one and thought it was a bit tight on space comparable to the XC60. Neither as roomy as 5 series estate.

Drac

My parents have one it’s very nice to drive and lovely inside, I’m in 2 minds about the rear. They’re not really roomy but not cramped I was sat in the back seat last night and had plenty of room.

dragon
    Free Member

Isn’t this the Freelander replacement, so it’s not supposed to be mega huge.

br
    Free Member

I had one for a day when I took my wifes’ Freelander 2 in for a service.

Drives really nice, and handled better than her car – feels lower.

Autobox really good, 9-speed I think.

Plenty of space in the front, no idea of the rear etc. Equipment good too, but then it was a top model.

iainc

^^^ thanks, the auto adds close to £2k onto the price, so would be a manual if anything.

Coming from a 5 series estate I think anything apart from the Superb Estate is going to feel a bit compromised on space…

oldbloke
    Free Member

One of my colleagues has one on which he’s done about 16k so far.
    OK-ish is the view, although it was back in the garage early on for a couple of faults.
    The fuel tank doesn’t seem to take the claimed volume so range isn’t good enough and he won’t be getting another after this for that reason alone.

antigee

has a very good ped’ accident rating as has a very rare ped’ airbag but not something worth considering when buying a vehicle 🙁 – reviews rarely mention the NADCAP ped’ bit – looks and number of bottle holders yes

iainc

some interesting feedback. I could always play the safe bet and stick with the familiar BMW layout and get an X3 – seems to be about the same deal wise

(or save a heap and get the Skoda … 🙂 )

bikebouy
    Free Member

We run an X3 Sport in the family. It’s the 3.0ltr petrol and drinks fuel, mind it does tow farm trailers occasionally. Nice car though. I did consider one myself but had an XC90 previously, so bought the XC60.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New Disco Sport – any experiences ?’ is closed to new replies.