• This topic has 131 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by sands.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • New Disco Sport
  • Kryton57

Looks good, gets great reviews felt nice in the show room. Anyone got any real life beyond the test drive experience? Probably wont go above base spec but will be auto.

cozz
    Free Member

had a disco sport loan car from dealer last year for a couple of days

was amazing, HSE one with glass roof and 9 spd paddle shift

loved it

didn’t feel the speed, was easy to be doing 80mph and not realise it

bearnecessities

You’ve got to be shitting me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    legend
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member
    You’ve got to be shitting me.

Lolocaust 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Saw one parked in a disabled bay at Booths. The driver wasn’t disabled.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

dont like the shape nor the new Big Disco to come

makes the evoque look stylish

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Stupid question, but I assume the Freelander is dead as a model now and the Disco Sport replaces that?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

yes – hello DD, welcome back!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Massive bais alert

Why would you buy that and not a Macan ? Over 3-5 years I bet the Porker will be cheaper to own resale included. Downside is 6-9 months wait for a Petrol one.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Had one for a courtesy car couple times. Don’t like it, feels like a big barge the way it rolls about.

I’ll stick my much more stylish evoque.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#peakSTW

trail_rat
    Free Member

Is that instead of the kuga or the rs4?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Definitely the RS4 out of that list.

cozz
    Free Member

stylish evoque lol, I’ve heard it all now

wrecker
    Free Member

makes the evoque look stylish

Nothing on the planet makes the evoque look stylish.

oldbloke
    Free Member

A colleague has one. And as soon as he can he’ll get rid of it. Reliability poor and the fuel tank is a thimble. Pleasant to do miles in when it works though.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

THis man does.

Larry is in good company

NZCol

Wanted one, drove the HSE lux in manual for 3 days and despite wanting to love it absolutely hated it. Ride was awful, handled weirdly and was uncomfortable. Drove away in my Q5 which we hated and even that felt better put together ! Ended up in an xc60 which has aged me 15 years

jimdubleyou

They originally came with a crap engine. The new one is better.

Is on our list (that may or may not get bought).

sharkbait
    Free Member

BIL has one – it’s OK but nothing more.

We went and looked at one in the showroom a couple of years ago but were unimpressed with the quality of the interior and it’s a little narrow for 3 teenage girls in the back.

On the plus side it’s got plenty of off road ability which I bet 99.5% of the buyers wouldn’t ever use. We spent the same money on a 2 year old Cayenne which two years down the line, to me, was one of my better decisions.

bedmaker

I’m having a panic attack just reading this.

tinybits
    Free Member

Other half really wanted one, I didn’t. We then had a play in our neighbours, bought due to 7 seats. Turns out the rear seats are so small even a 5yr old is cramped and there no boot space left at all. Engine was sluggish and not a fan of the ride. I assume it’s awesome off-road though
    We then went and bought a Touareg instead, this make me happy.

Edit oh god, it’s kryton, there’s no way this is actually going to happen, so I’ve wasted another 5 mins of my life!

RustySpanner

Sure you’d be happy that high off the ground?
    😉

jambalaya – Member
    Downside is 6-9 months wait for a Petrol one.

And of course, someone might mistake him for you.
    🙂

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

THis man does.

Some fat bloke in a tracksuit?
    Mm. Very stylish.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Larry_Lamb – Member

I’ll stick my much more tosser’ish evoque.

POSTED 35 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

FIFY

jambalaya
    Free Member

I doubt it he’s got far more toys than me.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ooof!

Ben_H

I had a tour of the Halewood factory in Merseyside where they make the Disco Sport and baby Range Rover, starting with an offroad session. (The things I do for work 😉 ).

It was hard to come away from that without an admiration for the process of manufacturing the things (starting with rolls of steel from Port Talbot) – and the products. The noise and sight of the massive 1950s machines stamping panels, now with incredibly dextrous robots rather than people grabbing and moving the panels is amazing – as is watching the two sets of different bodies separately taking full form, before joining on a common chassis.

I am not in the market for one (I have a Mini to keep the flag flying 🙂 ), but I’d definitely recommend the tour and at least a good look at the cars.

maxtorque

The ultimate inverse tardis! All that big wheels and diffs off road nonsense means although it’s massive on the outside, there’s less space inside than a focus……….

angeldust
    Free Member

Evoque is basically a girls car though isn’t it

Ben_H

Um… I’ve recently spent time in a Focus,too – it’s definitely not bigger inside 😕

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ben_H – Member
    (I have a Mini to keep the flag flying ).

Is that the German flag ?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

We then went and bought a Touareg instead, this make me happy.

Clearly lost the plot.

matt_outandabout

If it’s built as badly as my sister in laws Evoque, I would avoid.

18months old and twice it’s been recovered, latest trick is tyre pressure monitors or ABS showing random information.
    It likes coolant too. Like it disappears.

Ben_H

Lol @bikebuoy – otherwise an Indian flag for JLR products.

Just feels nice to support some local manufacturing.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I had a tour of the Halewood factory in Merseyside where they make the Disco Sport and baby Range Rover, starting with an offroad session. (The things I do for work ).

What’s their offroad track like? It looks spectularly shite from the road, the Solihull play are was great fun and quite a sales tool for Range Rover.

fisha
    Free Member

Personally I feel the evoque is a more cohesive product. The disco sport feels like it’s a combination of bits/design an bits made to work with what’s already there rather than from the ground up.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What’s their offroad track like?

Grass verges, speed bumps, kerbs, pavements, car park intersections, mini-roundabouts etc.

Kryton57

trail_rat – Member

Is that instead of the kuga or the rs4?

Kuga Replacement.

Edit oh god, it’s kryton, there’s no way this is actually going to happen, so I’ve wasted another 5 mins of my life!

You forget I’m having therapy now, my ability to make decisions is returning. Besides…

angeldust – Member

Evoque is basically a girls car though isn’t it

This’ll be Mrs K’s car and its what SHE wants…

We’ve sat in it and played around, has the kids & inlaws in chgecking out the extra 2 seats in the boot, felt OK to me. As we’re having the auto by deafult we get the 184bhp engine, and its likely to be leased / PCP not bought per se.

We’re about to take them up on thier “drive it around by yourself for a bit” test drive offer.

Ben_H

Like most of its users, I was a first timer and it served its purpose for the audience. Probably the equivalent of a balance bike track in the MTB world…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘New Disco Sport’ is closed to new replies.