Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New desktop computer
  • TimP
    Free Member

Need to replace a desktop, but needs to be limited intelligence (like its user). I remember seeing a bit on the gadget show about something with similar brains to a netbook, but I cant remember the name of them. We have the keyboard etc already so it is just the box we need

Help me please?

dmiller
    Free Member

I dont know if its any help but I just bought one of these for the mother-in-law as that's cheap as chips…

David.

woody2000
    Stoner
    Free Member

asus eee box?

TimP
    Free Member

Thanks

Nettop is what I was looking for!! Mine is for the M-I-L too, to run video skype so she will be able to see her new grand child in January, nothing more

richc
    Free Member

I think you are thinking of a Acer Revo, a review of the older model is here:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/pcs/review/2009/06/05/Acer-Aspire-Revo-R3600—nVidia-ION-Nettop/p1

The newer model (3610) has a dual core processor, more memory, bigger hardrive and Windows 7 so pretty much eliminates the downsides in with the 3600, and neatly fits onto the back of your monitor to keep it small.

You can get them here:

http://www.simplyacer.com/product/id/655106

edit: the cheap one on ebayer, is a bargain however it comes with Linux which might be a problem, if you aren't great with computers. The one with Windows is £240 so personally I would get the £300 one which is ready to go.

geoffj

mac mini

richc
    Free Member

mac mini

Why? what do you feel the £200 extra would give you over the Acer? bar having smaller HD and less memory.

geoffj

Why? what do you feel the £200 extra would give you over the Acer? bar having smaller HD and less memory.

Better OS innit 😉

richc
    Free Member

If you are after a better OS, why not just use Linux 😉 SystemV is easier to use than BSD based systems

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New desktop computer’ is closed to new replies.