Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Deore M615 crankset
  • nammynake
    Free Member

Building up my new Cotic Soul I am trying not to get carried with away with components – we all know how costs can spiral. So, instead of going for SLX or XT cranks I decided to get the new Deore 2×10 (26/38) in silver.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-deore-m615-10-speed-double-chainset/rp-prod108774

Arrived in the post today and I must say looks quality and pretty bomb proof. Weight is a tad over 800g, which seems pretty good to me.

ton

deore all the time here, and if I can buy older deore cheaper, I have been known to stockpile it.
    far more durable than posher lighter stuff.

DarrenH

Nice! 2×10 for me next I reckon

nammynake
    Free Member

I have the previous version (M595?) Fitted to my hardtail touring bike and the whole groupset has been exceptional. I really do rate the Deore stuff. Yes it carries a bit more weight than SLX but I think its value for money is second to none, especially now that the technology is trickling down, e.g. clutch mechs, ice tech brakes etc.

Scamper
    Free Member

How much do just the cranks weigh?

Just got the new 615 brakes and they now look nice with the shiny enamel like coating and have more feel than the previous 596 and my slx.

I see now even the deore rear mech has the clutch thing.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Nice! But does it really have “hollow forged crank arms” like the CRC blurb says? I thought that was the only real difference between Deore and SLX/XT in that the former has solid crank arms whereas the latter are hollow. CRC has been known to stuff up their descriptions in the past…

nammynake
    Free Member

I don’t think the arms are hollow, they sound pretty solid when I tap them.

I didn’t even notice that in the description to be honest.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Deore M615 crankset’ is closed to new replies.