Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New crank time
  • deano8
    Free Member

SRAM XO, are they worth the extra money over the two below?
    Or should I spend more and get xx1
    X1-1400, cheapest option from Germany
    Raceface Turbine
    Will be a bb30/170mm
    Will I notice any difference between them?
    Any advice really welcome:)

daver27
    Free Member

i thought X0 and XX1 were nearly identical, so wouldn’t bother splashing more on that upgrade.
    i’ve run turbines for a long time now and they have been utterly brilliant. Not as stiff as X0 but brilliant none the less.
    X1’s are ok, but a bit meh. much more of an OE type item rather than a bit of bling.
    I have heard stories of the alloy pedal inserts in X0 and XX1 separating so that put me off.
    If it was me, i’d go RaceFace everytime out of that list. especially if they are the Cinch ones as you can then run them on other frames, 1x, 2x or 3x easily. makes them a better long term bet

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

X0 & XX1 are identical, other than the graphics.

I’ve run some X0’s for about a year & they have been fine. I have a great dislike however for the self extracting bolt design that SRAM & Raceface insist on using. It’s truely rubbish in comparison to the pinch bolt design on Shimano’s.

Try setting up a single ring system with a chain guide & spacing it out as desired for maximum rage potential. Then do the same with Shimano.

trusty

I think crank arms are identical on x0 and xx1, the removable spider is different though. X0 uses a standard bcd while xx1 doesn’t. Both will take a direct mount chain ring.

benpinnick

I don’t think the XO1 and XX1 are identical, I believe they are made differently and the XX1 is lighter for it. Whether you would notice the difference… its only a few grams! For my money the X1 DM would be the winner. Add a 4mm * 24mm o-ring to the drive side to seal up the GXP BB and you’re good to go. There’s not a huge amount weight wise between X01 and X1 DM, but you dont need to worry about pedal inserts/rock strikes etc… oh and its cheaper too.

daver27
    Free Member

Whats your budget? i’ve gone to Hope with the direct mount and they are utterly magic.

damascus
    Free Member

Next carbon cranks if you have the money!

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

OP, please excuse the shameless plug but earlier today I put a pair of Cinch Turbines on the FS Forum

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-brand-new-xt-m8000-brakes-mech-shifter-cassette-and-race-face-cranks

Drop me a line on adam(dot)buckland@hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk if you want anymore info…

Sorry guys

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Oh, and I have Next SL’s, if your budget can stretch do it! Cinch is awesome and I’d be keeping the new Turbines if I didn’t already have SL’s

deano8
    Free Member

Thank you for all your input:) I like the sound of carbon cranks, but I do have heard of the threads coming loose etc.
    Bennpinnick- I’m edging towards the X1 direct mount as I already have X1 basic cranks but in the wrong length for me.
    Adam, what are the lengths of the race face cranks?

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Morning Deano,

They’re 175’s – let me know if you want any more info. Email’s the best bet as I’m not too consistent on here.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New crank time’ is closed to new replies.