Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • new crank required.. why shouldn't it be Middleburn?
  • identicalbutlighter
    Free Member

My Middleburn tandem cranks had pedal threads machined so off centre that they had no thread at all for half their circumference, customer service was dire, terrible. The dealer sorted it without any grief, but Middleburn…. Hopeless. I like to support the uk bike industry, but I’ll not buy Middleburn again, they couldn’t even be arsed to reply to an Email.

haggis1978

Had a few sets. Love them.slickshift hardcoat rings work and last well. I have a set of square taper with an uno ring and 2x and 3x set ups. Got the uno set up just now adorning my (not fully built) Bontrager frame. Looking fwd to getting some miles on them again as theyve been sat in the parts box for ages.

Sanny
    Free Member

I really rate them. I’m still running ones that I first used on a Heckler back in 97. They’ve since been on a second Heckler, a Fat Chance, a 5 Spot, a Norco and now a Fargo. Bikes have come and gone but the cranks are still running despite years of hard riding. Quite simply, they work! As for the oft touted call that external bb chainsets are stiffer etc, I’ve yet to notice any discernible performance difference compared to a square taper set up other than they don’t last as long as my current set up! I’m a fan of stuff that works and lasts. The cranks tick those boxes with ease. 😀

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Fitted… First ride in the morning…

Nipper99
    Free Member

I have Middleburn sqr tapr cranks and spiders and rings on all my bikes and wouldnt consider anything else. As for customer service never not been able to get hold of Matt at the end of the phone who is always helpful and they were kind enough to offer for me to take my bike to the factory to source spiders and rings for an odd build of mine directly AND you can now buy from them direct over the phone.

molgrips
    Free Member

I had a very early set of XC duo in 2001, when 9 speed had just come put to make 2×9 viable. I was way ahead of the mainstream 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘new crank required.. why shouldn't it be Middleburn?’ is closed to new replies.