Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Cove Hummer Ti @ 750 notes
  • deluded
    Free Member

I’ve just refreshed my Handjob with a re-spray and a few new parts – but I’d love one of these. Very tempting.

hora
    Free Member

Personally I’d try a 456. Think Hummers days are passed?

somafunk

Nice n’ cheap (£300 less than what i paid for mine) and they do build up into a very sweet handling hardtail but make sure you get the headtube reamed to the correct size to accept a headset and BB faced, brake mounts faced etc as they come not fully prepped to be built up and the seatpost shim is too short which leads to the infamous cracking at the seat tube/seat stay/top tube junction.

I guess the new Cove Hummer must be near to official release, it’s going to have 650B wheel size, i dunno bout that?.

Onzadog
    Free Member

What’s the warranty on those? Very tempted.

Onzadog
    Free Member

What diameter is the seat tube without the shim? Could you make it fit a dropper?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Amazing how things turn around sold my 05 Hummer 3 years later for £750.

somafunk

I think the warranty is 5yrs for the original owner but there has been a previous thread somewhere in the stw thread vaults that has mentioned 4yrs and 2yrs so i’m not 100% sure?.

Original seatpost size is 30mm but you really do need to fit a deeper shim as the current shim stops before the seat tube cluster as that is why there was a few cracked frames reported on here, i have a 100mm depth x 27.2mm shim thanks to Don @ Lynskey USA so i’m waiting on Thomson bringing out their 27.2mm dropper post.

jfb01
    Free Member

I was really tempted too,however they require 1 1/8 forks, 27.2 seat post & no iscg mounts on the bb.Looks to me as though the new 456 ti would be a better bet at only £49.99 more & a 10 year warranty. Although you do get a detachable mec hanger which is nice.

scotroutes

26″ wheels, innit. There’ll be buckets of this stuff to get rid of in the next few months.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Cove Hummer Ti @ 750 notes’ is closed to new replies.