Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Cotic Soul… Quick question and show me some piccies please.
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

Afternoon,

I have a 2011 Cotic Soul which i really like, i am intending to buy the new model but just wondering if anybody has ridden both and can you feel the difference with the tapered headtube?

Any pics of them built up aswell please.

oh and on a ps.. Tapered steerer forks.. HOW MUCH???? ARE YOU SERIOUS!

Vortexracing

I’ve had 3 , 2 old type and the new one

I can’t tell any difference between the HT on any of them. But i have used a 1 and 1/8″ fork on all, so I don’t have a Tapered Steerer on my fork.

The only difference btween them IMHO is that ability to run a Reverb on the new one.

P1040580 by eastham_david, on Flickr

1981miked
    Free Member

Very nice bike mate… I love the way they ride.

cynic-al
    Free Member

lot of money to run a tapered fork and dropper post, I know I wouldn’t.

bikeneil
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    lot of money to run a tapered fork and dropper post, I know I wouldn’t.

Most bike parts are a lot of money. I bought some 2012 15mm axled, tapered Reba’s with a poploc for £298 delivered from bike-discount.de. Not that much all things considered…

cynic-al
    Free Member

My point being that he has to “upgrade” his frame to an otherwise identical one, just to ride a taper steerer fork, min £1K spend overall?

chiefgrooveguru

I felt that much of the reasoning behind the redesign was to ensure future compatibility with forks, especially as quite a few Souls are bought to replace mass-market full-sus bikes, many of which now come with tapered steerer forks. That and dropper post compatibility (though I happily use a Gravity Dropper on my 2010 Soul).

chiefgrooveguru

Mike, do you notice your fork flexing in a bad way when you ride? I can feel the flex in my Float 140RL 15QR when gripping the wheel and twisting/pulling the bars hard, but I’ve yet to notice it when riding, even when really going for it. I did notice the bad flex in my previous Reba 100 QR forks.

alpin
    Free Member

you want to get rid of a 2011 frame because the “new” (yet essentially the same) frame has a different head tube?

i’ve ridden forks with 1.5 steerers, tapered and standard 1 1/8. there really isn’t that much difference between them. i feel that a 15 or 20mm axle makes more of a difference to stiffness….

Merak
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Cotic Soul… Quick question and show me some piccies please.’ is closed to new replies.