Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • New Cotic Soul
  • SBrock
    Free Member

Anybody got a new Soul on order? My other half is letting me have one….excited with thinking how to build it! Bit stuck on the fork though – want something light/stiff & not to fussed about adjustability just decent rebound damping.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Not yet but should be ordered before the month is out, black or Orange?

SBrock
    Free Member

Going for a medium Orange with the wrap graphics!

Was thinking Revelations?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

RS Dart. Or the same forks anyone else suggests when this same topic comes up every couple of days?

FWIW, I had RC41s on my old one and they were excellent, despite having 130mm travel which the collective on here will tell you is wrong. 110mm is right (apparently).

SBrock
    Free Member

ok Davey – the new Soul will take a 140mm now!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Reba with Maxle light? Or Rev with it.

Vortexracing

Reba with Maxle light

thats what mine has.

get the 'team' blackbox damping in any of the rockshox forks it's much better than the motion control in the 'race' forks IMHO

RicB

Fox Vanilla 32 15qr would be perfect. RLC if you can afford it.

Just bought one and it's fantastic – much better than my old 2007 revs. A lot more expensive than 2010 revs though :-/ (although the rebound damping is much better than RS standard MoCo damping)

chela
    Free Member

110mm is right (apparently).

I believe you'll find it's 120 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

RS Dart?! Who on earth recommended a build using those? Surely the Soul frame alone would cost more than most complete bikes using darts

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Selling some 09 Revelation Dual Air's in excellent nick if you're interested

GaryLake
    Free Member

I'm going Orange Graphic wrap and fitting some 140mm Floats, but I already have those knocking around. Interestingly mine will be a singlespeed conversion for a bit as I'm doing a part swap on a Genesis iO…

Pieface

I have Reba Maxle Lights on my 08 model and its sweet as a nut

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I lowered my Z1 Freerides to 120mm and they feel great on my BFe (same geometry as the soul)

I did have them at 130mm but prefer them at 120mm i think.

Drapoon
    Free Member

100mm sids on my mk1 🙂

Pics in link below

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76899

ourmaninthenorth

Rigid alloy Maxlight forks on mine.

Just to be different, like. 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Sarcasm doesn't come across electronically does it?!

I'd go Rev Maxle jobbies. Strong and lightish.

SBrock
    Free Member

Daveyboy – no worries mate, I got your drift about the dart! I should of known better to ask on stw about which fork for this frame!

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Try these? Work for a friend's Cotic very well.

chakaping
    Free Member

want something light/stiff & not to fussed about adjustability just decent rebound damping.

You want the Reba Team with Maxle lite. Brilliant fork.

metalheart
    Free Member

If I was going for a new one it would be a orange medium…

Just stuck a set of TALAS on my 'old' one. Liking the 100/120 thang.

Personally I'd be wary of putting non-adjustable forks that were more than 120mm (geometry I believe has stayed the same) as I have found it a bit wandery uphill with Van 125's.

Northwind

Soul suits adjustables IMO, plays to its flexibility. 09-spec 110-140mm dual air revelations, maxled ideally. Perfect. Or a 100-120-140 TALAS.

gingerflash

I'd go for 150 revs but I like a slacker frame than most.

Northwind

Frame's only warrantied to 140mm though (mind you, mine's only warrantied to 130mm and it still has 140mm revs in, but it spends almost all its time at 130 or less)

gingerflash

Yeah, my superlight is only warrantied to 125 but I have a 130. My CHromag is only warrantied to 130 but it has a 150.

A 150 rockshox or fox probably isn't longer than a 130 marzocchi. what if you run a 150 with lots of sag, it'd be shorter than a 130 with no sag. It's all a bit arbitrary.

Northwind

Yup. And then there's use, rider weight etc, height of the headset… I figure I weigh as much as the average newborn and I ride like a big poof, so I could probably put boxxers on mine and it'd be fine. I just like the slackened off geometry, it's not like I need the travel, but as you say I could run my old 130mm revs with no sag and they'd be longer than my 140mms are in use.

gingerflash

absolutely. a clumsy 18 stone rider would probably put more force through a frame with a 100mm fork than i would with a 150.

repatriot
    Free Member

Souls do run sweet at 120 in my experience. I run Revs with loads of sag. I reckon if you run 140 the bike will be an arse on the climbs. If its a steep climb I have to wind them down to 100. If I was buying the new soul I would get the Talas or U'turn Revs.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘New Cotic Soul’ is closed to new replies.