Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • new Conti Mountain king II oppinions please
  • supafly1982
    Free Member

I have the Protection version with tough sidewalls, they are black chillie compound, new tread pattern. I know the old ones were crap.
    i wont be able to ride the new bike for a while as my arms still healing up, i would like to know what they are like as im thinking about flogging them

I would like to know what these ones are like on various terrain and conditions?

cheers
    scott

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I too have the old MK and now have the MK ll on the front its the Black Chilli Tubeless version as so far its been great on all manor of terrain, not had a chance to test in thick mud yet but what tyre is good in mud anyway, on comparison a my regular riding buddy has a Maxxis Ignite DH 40a supper tacky and although is 2.35 comes out quite narrow compared to my MKll, hes says the grip is ace.

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve just bought some Rubber Queens, and judging by the look of those, I’ve bought the wrong tyre.

I haven’t tried the RQ yet, but the shoulder on the MK looks far better for cornering than the RQ.

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

Old Mountain Kings weren’t that great IMO but I’ve put the new ones on my bike and they are very good around Bedgebury which is a mix of most riding surfaces.

dantsw13

I didnt get on with MKii. Schwalbe NN has much better, especially in any mud!!

supafly1982
    Free Member

cool guys, looks like they are worth a try, i’ll hang on to them since they look like new.

I have some Bonty XR4 with the old staggered tred pattern, heard they are supposd to be very good so bought them and found out theres a newer pattern XR4 so no idea which of the 2 were the one in the reviews lol

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I tried some recently (and some x-kings) and was very impressed. Bought some 2.2’s and now considering some 2.4s for the big bike but just to decide whether to getthem in protection or ust

dantsw13

Wrt pro or UST, even though I don’t get on with MKii, I have run both them and x-kings in the pro version tubeless for about 6 months with no issues/punctures/sidewall cuts. They are pretty light too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘new Conti Mountain king II oppinions please’ is closed to new replies.