Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • New Company Car Time- Anyone got the BMW330e ?
  • lowey

As above really. Anyone got one ? would you recommend ?

Do the back seats fold down ?

Cheers.

lowey

No One ?

Drac

A colleague has one and rates it highly, it is very nice and one I did consider when reordering my next car but I went for the Golf GTE instead.

The seats do indeed fold flat.

https://autoreviewers.com/featured/2016-07-23/2016-bmw-330e/

craigxxl
    Free Member

I think you may have to specify the fold rear seats as an option like any other 3 series.

Drac

Not for the 330e it’s standard.

Wait that be on the Touring, I’d check to safe. 😀

prawny

Not got one but I’d love one and there’s loads in Birmingham.

Shame they don’t do a touring though, because batteries eat into the boot space, and while the standard 3 series saloon is good enough for me I think it would be a bit tight for family holidays.

If you don’t need a big boot then why not. But I’ve turned into a BMW nob recently, so YMMV.

ossify

My brother has one, I recently borrowed it for a week.

I used the indicators and gave way to cyclists though so my BMW licence has been revoked 🙁

Seriously though it was fun to drive but if I were to choose I’d go with the Ford B-Max.
    My circumstances are probably entirely different to yours though.

HTH

lowey

All I need from it is to put a bike in the boot and ferry the occasional 2 teeneagers around.

Did consider the GTE, but fancied a change from a Golf.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Due to the low BIK tax if you do a lot of short journeys it makes sense and if you do a lot of long journeys and don’t pay for your won fuel it makes sense. If, like me, you have a long motorway commute and pay for your own fuel a 2.0 diesel has higher mpg and lower on road price so might make more financial sense (I haven’t done the sums) however its a bit academic for me as I need an estate.

I’ve just finished my current lease on a 330D touring which is a great drivers car but the cabin is dreary, standard radio is crap and standard seats are adequate at best. If you go for a 3 series try to spec sports seats and a decent radio

Drac

The 5 series Hybrid has a huge boot I very nearly changed my order to one of those after I drove one but at £100 more a month i couldn’t justify it.

drlex
    Free Member

Paging FunkyDunc to the thread…

monkfish
    Free Member

Just ordered one after a test drive.

They drive very well, but the attractiveness is the low bik rates of 9% against the 28% I currently pay. I don’t pay for fuel either.

Split rear seats are extra and unfortunately, you can’t put a tow bar on them. (PSA Thule rack for sale)

Big issue is lead time which is currently mid-December

sidders34
    Free Member

Morning, ive had mine for nearly 6 months.

As a company car it is a no brainer, low bik, and 250 bhp makes a very nippy car.

Nice to be back in a petrol. It will get 45mpg comfortably on a long journey. Range on electric is closer to 16 miles than the 26 it displays when charged.

Rear seats dont fold flat as standard, its an option that i didnt pick, so cant tell you if a bike will fit. I can recommend the hk speaker upgrade though, absolutely brilliant compared to the normal set up.

Chris

binners
    lowey

It is a company car. I also get free personal petrol / derv.

The tax savings against the Alfa Gulia that I was going to get are staggering. Makes a hybrid a complete no brainer for me.

Not needed till next March so might get it on order in the next couple of months.

Thanks all.

lowey

This could be you Lowey!

I did have concerns 😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for quite a few months now.

Positives

– You wont go back to petrol/diesel only again
    – Very very quick, mate who has a M3 was surprised how quick.
    – Petrol engine is refined and very quiet but surprisingly sporty noise when revved
    – My avg at the moment is 54mpg. (however completely dependant on journeys you do) I commute 45 miles per day with only 1 charge at home 2,500ft climbing.
    – Motorway journeys as good as 50mpg or as low as 40mpg
    – Mine is M-sport 18″ wheels run flats and the ride is very smooth not at all crashy.
    – Auto box is the smoothest I’ve ever driven
    – HK stereo is good however you have to get the settings right.

Negatives
    – The auto box is useless if you want manual control. (delays in gear change) kick down without touching kickdown)
    – You have to put the car in to manual or sport mode (to kick the ICE in) otherwise battery is used very quickly
    – It doesnt save battery for the end of a journey
    – Turn in to corners is not as positive as a normal 3 series.
    – Boot looses some height, I can get the road bike through, but not mtb.
    – Range at the right temp is real world up to about 18miles on battery. In winter its as low as 10miles. This also means your mpg goes down dramatically too.

The nagtives are being picky, it is a very very good car. Treat it as a very rapid car that uses electricity to improve the performance of a petrol engine, rather than a hybrid for efficiency.

Split seats are extra.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=247&t=1562704

standard radio is crap and standard seats are adequate at best. If you go for a 3 series try to spec sports seats and a decent radio

The standard radio isnt crap, just not great. The HK one is pretty good if set up right. My old 3 series had standard seats, where as the new one has sports seats. I found the old ones just as comfy, but you really had to play with all the seat settings to get a comfy position, and then it was perfect.

prawny

If you need to put a bike in the back would a 225xe do the trick?

A bit ugly, but I’ve been surprised with out 218d AT and wouldn’t rule another one out, even if it’s not as great to drive as a proper BM. Would probably be better as a car for all weathers too as they’re AWD as standard, and the seats fold.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Apparently an all electric 3 series will be out next year.

Just read, potentially pre production car in September.

BMW is rumored to unveil an all-electric 3 Series in September to compete with Tesla’s Model 3

prawny

I’m not ready for all electric yet, the anxiety I get when my phone gets below 50% doesn’t bode well.

When the network is there though I’m in.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I would swap in a heart beat to guaranteed 200 range and 30 minute charge time.

Not sure what numbers the BM will be but I think Tesla already achieve this

binners

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘New Company Car Time- Anyone got the BMW330e ?’ is closed to new replies.