Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New commuter (pics)
  • billytinkle
    Free Member

I’m a regular commuter and have quite a few route options for the daily grind. I’ve had a few other bikes for the job including a CX, but always had a hankering to go back to a MTB – they’re just more fun to ride!

Mudguard flaming more than welcome 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Paintwork and yard need some work.

On the subject of the bike are you SURE that’d be more fun than a road/CX bike?

billytinkle
    Free Member

On the subject of the bike are you SURE that’d be more fun than a road/CX bike?

For me – yes, 100%. I tried 1,000 miles on a CX, but we just didn’t gel.

bearnecessities

Your saddle is drooping.

billytinkle
    Free Member

Your saddle is drooping

A not so famous quote – “Do what you feel in your bum to be right – for you’ll be criticised anyway.”

TPTcruiser

Huuuge stopping power with those disks! Much instant stopping required? Pedestrians jumping out on you excessively?
    Nice alignment of tyres and valves, good job!

lilchris
    Free Member

How big is that front disc!?!

Gary_M
    Free Member

A not so famous quote – “Do what you feel in your bum to be right – for you’ll be criticised anyway.”

mmm that’s a very odd statement but whatever floats your boat.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Breathing fun ?

Or were the forks with too short a steerer a bargain ? Looks like mr blobbys(his username not the pink and spotty noels house party guy) first attempt at a tt position.

warpcow
    Free Member

What are those mudguards actually guarding?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I used to have a 1970s Puch roadbike that had similarly useless little mudguards, they were about 6 inches long…

billytinkle
    Free Member

Brakes are excessive, I agree. There’s no justifying them, I just wanted them.

I’ve tried a lot of mudguards on different bikes and there’s one thing I’ve learnt – if you want to stay dry take the car. So I just went with stuff I like the look of that don’t rattle and allow me to see. When it’s wet a larger quick release mudguard clips to the seat post.

Very happy with the riding position too, I like it low 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks like mr blobbys(his username not the pink and spotty noels house party guy) first attempt at a tt position.

Trail_rat, I’d only just popped the seat post into the tube to the min insertion depth while building it up! It’s 5cm lower now.

Though that bar saddle height differential looks a lot like my xc race bike 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New commuter (pics)’ is closed to new replies.