• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by GW.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New commuter bike – quite pleased with the results I am
  • piemann
    Free Member

So, as a result of wifey returning to work, I will now be dropping Pie Jnr at his nursery each morning.

Obviously, I needed another bike for this purpose as the kiddie seat doesn’t work that well on my previous commuter bike (fixie) and I’m not comfortable using my hardtail or full-suss for commuting.

This is the end result:

£75 for the frame and £27 for the forks and the rest came out of my spare parts collection. That’s a proper result in my book! 😀

It looks great (I think) and rides well too.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Good effort,will need to sort something similar myself.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

that’s far too nice for a commuter! though it’s let down by weeds in the grass and fallen pebble-dash…

binners

Its about time you did something with that bloody frame! 😉

The question is: is the little fella impressed?

piemann
    Free Member

Fair point Binners. I’ll need to see what he thinks tomorrow (1st day dropping him at nursery). He’s already ridden on my Soul and Blur, so maybe he can post up a comparison on here….

GW
    Free Member

weerides are ace!! 😀
    how old’s your wee one? I’ve been using my weeride with the front rest/table thing off so she can hold the bars and be more involved since mine was 18mths. looks like you’d need a much shorter stem tho. (40mm stem on mine)

neilforrow

nice ride, but get a chain guide/ keeper on there… dont want you loosing the chain and smashing yourself/ the little one up.

piemann
    Free Member

GW, he’s just about 18 months now. Without the headrest thing, he does grab the bars a little too forcefully for my liking.

Sort of along the lines of – hmmmm, why is it suddenly pulling to the left… aaaaaahhhhhh treeeeeeeeee. He’s a bit of a big monster for his age. (Looks more like a 3 year old and probably as strong).

GW
    Free Member

Ah.. can see that being a problem. mine was scooting along feet up on her own balance bike at 18mth, she can actually steer my bike if i take my hands off so was never a problem for me.

I’d stick a simple chainguide of some sort on there too BTW.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New commuter bike – quite pleased with the results I am’ is closed to new replies.