Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New commute round 1
  • Lifer
    Free Member

Finally got my arse into gear and did the new commute (nice day for it etc etc). Not far by many standards (20km) but about double my previous.

47mins door to door with a lot of rolling ups and downs (127m total up 69m total down) – Haywards Heath to Crawley (via Cuckfield and Balcombe). First time I’ve ridden any of the route so didn’t really push it, reckon I can get the time down by quite a lot in the next few weeks. Only problem was a couple of close passes but what’s new…

😀

D0NK

well done, welcome back to commuting 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Niiioce!

Now do it by the Lanes rather than major routes 😉

TPTcruiser

Well done, 20 km in 47 minutes is brilliant.

Could you wave to my brother and his family in Cuckfield as you pass through, cheers.

Lifer
    Free Member

Gonna see how the return journey goes before I get too excited, although by my reckoning it is all downhill…

sandwicheater

Good work that man. You feel 23% better after commuting by bike, FACT!

dunmail
    Free Member

Well done. Don’t get too hung up on the time, it will vary quite a bit depending on wind direction, amount of beer drunk the night before, etc. For a similar distance I’ll do anywhere from 46mins to 53mins one way and 50mins to 65mins the other way. Add on traffic lights, roadworks, random peculiar events and the time will vary even more.

Whatever, it’s better than being stuck in a tin box over the same distance.

Lifer
    Free Member

Train for me if I’m not cycling. Which does mean I get a lot of reading done, but at what cost?

My old commute involved crossing a duel(sic) carriageway which could mean 5 mins of standing round like a lemon so not too fussed about time, just nice to see it creeping down.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New commute round 1’ is closed to new replies.