Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • New Commencal Meta AM
  • nickhead
    Free Member

Like/Want/Need

Commencal Meta AM

Has the clean lines of the latest DH frame, in All mountainy package. Nice.

Another perfect bike for the Gravity Enduro set?

retro83
    Free Member

Looks fun!

DO WANT

Rorschach
    Free Member

Notsomuch for me….shades of mondraker there-ish.I wonder if the brands reputation is too far gone in the uk now.

rs
    Free Member

like it

Dancake
    Free Member

There go my trousers

orena45

Ooh nice!

kimbers

do you get one of these with every frame?

igmc

anto164
    Free Member

I have to say, i do like that.

But i had a commencal and it failed so many times, with virtually no backup with the warranty, so with that, i’m never going back to Commencal.

grantway
    Free Member

Nice Bike
    But think they need to show it riding on a Mountain
    rather than Epping Forest. Shame looks nice

kimbers

i also wondered why the guy needed a full face and body armour ? – fear of catastrophic frame failure?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I like it

retro83
    Free Member

grantway – Member

Nice Bike
    But think they need to show it riding on a Mountain
    rather than Epping Forest. Shame looks nice

orena45

A load more details HERE on Pinkbike

grantway
    Free Member

Troll LOLOLOL is a nice bike, Simply be good to show an AM bike on something All Mountain

Not the only one here! think you need to TROLL PATROL on Kimbers?

Looks a nice bike. I think I already said that 🙄

grahamt1980

Nice work kimbers, don’t think I would get a commencal again, the meta died. However currently my MiniDH is still surviving (Touch wood)

djglover
    Free Member

Looks like a giant anthem? This looks better and its long since gone from the stable

iain1775
    Free Member

maybe they are keeping the pics of the big mountains for the AM’s bigger yellower Meta brother 😉
    Seems a confused Meta & Supreme range from Commencal in 2012. Exciting and good looking, but a fair bit of crossover and with old and new designs still around

HermanShake
    Free Member

I dislike the triangular rear end, a single chunky swingarm gets me far more excited! More convenient with the chain too.

Gooner_Dom
    Free Member

crack crack crack me thinks – Owned 3 Commies all broke and no im not a fat geezer!

Will never go back sorry commencal – thanks for the free frame i sold for 1400 though 🙂

nickhead
    Free Member

I think it’s a great looking bike… as with their new DH frame – when you get the seatstays aligning with the toptube – just makes it look nice and clean.

I rode the Mega twice on my old Supreme 6 FR, certainly no problems there – and it sounds like they are fully aware of the troubles they had from that PB press release;

Since 2009 Commencal frames have improved their strength and reliability enormously, correcting certain faults from the past. We are able to offer proven reliable frames thanks to the barrage of tests that we use that well beyond the European standards set. We impose on our products area-specific reliability tests for each key part of the frame, followed up by testing each new platform out on the trails, in the most extreme conditions.

Numerous Meta frames are therefore produced to undergo no less then 8 different machine tests with extremely high thresholds and extreme loads. As an example, European legislation imposes a minimum 50,000 cycle resistance at a given load. We impose a resistance minimum of 1 million cycles before any fissure or crack should appear.

I’d have no problem with owning another (and i am heavy, and tough on bikes =)

grantway
    Free Member

So how much is this bike.

Northwind

grantway – Member

But think they need to show it riding on a Mountain rather than Epping Forest.

Why? Most of them sold in this country will never go down a mountain but I bet loads will get ridden round easy XC trails, like all the other AM bikes.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Don’t like the idea of a non standard rear axle though

grantway
    Free Member

Northwind – member
    grantway – Member
    But think they need to show it riding on a Mountain rather than Epping Forest.

Why? Most of them sold in this country will never go down a mountain but I bet loads will get ridden round easy XC trails, like all the other AM bikes.

Why well I take my AM bike in the Welsh mountains But an advert of an AM bike should be
    shown riding on All Mountain! No?
    Might has well show an advert for a Landrover Defender being tested on a Canal Path 🙄

Yes your going to get the odd over biked person riding on flatter terrain (one bike does all)

But an advert should take advantage of what that product can do or not!

iain1775
    Free Member

Eh those trails are the press launch last month in la brese in France, what better place than the training ground of remy absalon?

Rickos
    Free Member

Looks really nice, but they’re going to need some sort of mudguard affair to protect the rear shock otherwise you’ll be replacing the shaft pretty often I reckon.

grantway
    Free Member

Looks like La Brese even struggles with a Down A Hill course
    Freecaster.com]

Brycey
    Free Member

Bit of a thread resurecetion this, but has anyone seen one for sale anywhere? Remy Absalon was on one at the Mega, looked bloody lovely.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I think Bikeactive were taking orders on them?

100mphplus
    Free Member

They’re available in Nth America in October, so thats probably March next year for the UK 😉

roddi18
    Free Member

Have commencal got a UK distributer yet?
    I agree with Rickos about the rear shock, especially in the conditions we tend to ride in most of the year

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Love it, looks just like what I am after, with one concern (as well as the rear shock needing a guard). Need to see one in the flesh as looking at the pictures, I’m not convinced about the open holes for internal cable routing – unless the production version comes with some kind of baffle or gaiter, the average ride would leave this full of mud. Not sure about lower headset bearing or BB life if it fills up with gunk!

Decade are bringing in Commencal for 2011.

Mister-P
    Free Member

“Decade are bringing in Commencal for 2011”

2012. The bike industry is working in the future most of the time.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Pedant! 😉

Decade are bringing bikes in during 2011. Might be the 2012 range, but pretty sure 2011 is this year!

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/commencal-finds-new-home-with-decade-europe/011300

Dancake
    Free Member

ok not bog standard but I like it. The bigger yellow one looks gash

MRanger156
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can put 160mm forks on this bike?

cruzer
    Free Member

mranger156 – i was wondering the same thing. but in the picture above it looks like their running fox 36s up front so i would guess you can. cant see 10mm making that much difference. might slacken the headangle by 0.5 deg.

langy
    Free Member

I reckon a slice of old inner tube and a couple of zip ties,attache at about lower shock mount and linkage/”seat stay” pivot point = job done; similar idea to what I do on my forks, between the crown and the brace…

(not my image – courtesy of Abductee in this thread)

spev

anybody got a pic of that Superstar Components frame that was at one of the cycle shows? I can’t find it but I’m sure it looks very similar

orena45

160mm up front?

You’ll want the new Meta SX then…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘New Commencal Meta AM’ is closed to new replies.