Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New combi needed. Whats hot and whats not . ( puntrackworld)
  • singletrackmind

Hi
    Turns out I need to fit a new combi to my radio rental property sharpish .

Anything I need to avoid like the plague , and any recomendations?

Localplumber on Ebay offers like for like swaps WB or Valliant for £1450 inc power flush , but does charge £25 a mtr if you need a 22mm copper pipe meter – boiler , so maybe another £100.

Ideal boilers seem good value with seperate water and rad temp settings , but never heard of them

Many thanks in advance

stm

bennn
    Free Member

Get the Vaillant, seems a fairly decent price that.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Try Veissmann ours has been faultless

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alanl
    Free Member

Ideal Logic + are doing a 7 year warranty, so I’d be looking at them.
    We fit them a lot, really simple inside, unlike the WB which seem to make things as complicated as possible.
    As an example, I did a WB combi this week, it came fitted with a 3 core cable which was fine, but, they need 4 core to use an external thermostat. So the original cable is junked – they arent thought out too well, and do not meet the expectations that ther premium price demands.

Vaillant are no better than other makes, we used to fit them, and their other Brand, Glowworm, regularly (some models are virtually the same inside, and across the range they use the same internal components, but you pay more for the Vaillant).
    We stopped fitting them as their Tech support was useless, and they supplied a ‘not fit for purpose’ wiring centre, which always failed in the guarantee period, costing us a lot of time, and irate customers with no heating.

renton
    Free Member

I’ve had an ideal logic+ fitted in my house. Seems ok so far.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

If its for a rental stick an ideal i-mini in. Almost the same as the logic plus but without the 7 year warranty. A fare bit cheaper aswell. Whose to say you wont need a 28mm gas supply aswell 😉

totalshell

i m a wb approved installer and repairer. they all now have a 5 yr warranty but wb will check your service records and water quality before starting warranty work.. one word sums up lifespan of ideal .. short.. wb are getting dearer your man at 1450 is been charged 852 for his boiler plus 50- 100 for a flue plus 50 -80 materials for a straight swap plus controls so hes not making a killing.. he ll not be doing a power flush it ll be a chemical flush..id ask him to install a magnetic filter at cost 72 quid or the lot for 1500 and you ll have done well..

singletrackmind

advert says flush using a Kamco CF90 whatever that is
    Maggy filter keeps rusty bits out of pump and H/E’s I presume?

So its either an Ideal Logic or WB 24i , tempted by the Ideal logic+ tbh
    Either way its less £££ than I thought it would be .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New combi needed. Whats hot and whats not . ( puntrackworld)’ is closed to new replies.