Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New combi microwave
  • mikey74
    Free Member

My microwave finally dropped dead yesterday so it’s time to buy a new one. Are there any cheap combo microwaves worth having? When I say cheap, I mean around the £100-150, or even less.

properbikeco
    Free Member

all I can add is get a panasonic – they are the best

Stoner
    Free Member

tick.

Im in the process of getting one for “kitchenette”.

I’d planned on the panasonic slimline as I have limited space and it’s only for general heating and pizza duties normally,

The slimline though gets some bad reviews because its not a genuine convection combi, it relies on a fan and the grill so it has a tendency to burn. I reckon that can be mitigated with judicial use of foil and pre-heating.

I went to curry’s yesterday to check it out in the flesh. There’s loads of models out there. Much of a muchness. Even the cheap ones didnt seem particularly badly made. But the slimline was the most efficient use of volume.

It will be my first combi micro so I cant really say much more. But interested to hear other peoples’ views.

mikey74
    Free Member

It appears that the cheapest Panasonic is around £200, over my budget.

CHB

Save up and get a Panasonic. Worth the extra £50 or so.

showerman
    Free Member

we just buy a a cheepish model when they pop up in tescos every 2yrs. im no chef so im not looking for features we will never use.
    now what to put in that big hole in the cuboard that the main oven sits in for the last 5 yrs without being used.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New combi microwave’ is closed to new replies.