Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • new coil Sector RL + RCT3 cart. from old Revs?
  • nedrapier

Any reason why this wouldn’t work?

Old revs stanchions are shagged. Don’t want to spend £450 on 1 1/8in 26in forks!

warpcow
    Free Member

It works. I’ve done it. Swap over the rebound damper while you’re at it. Makes a huge difference.

nedrapier

Ace, ta. just slot straight in? I guess there shouldn’t be any issues. spring’s in the left, the damper in the right doesn’t care if it’s air or coil in the other leg, just that it’s sat in the same hole that is was built for.

2012 Rev to 2018 Sektor should be fine?

BoardinBob

I tried something like this on a set of Sektors. I tried to fit this

On the air spring side to try and fit bottomless tokens. It didn’t fit as the thread pitch was different. not sure if the damper side would be the same

nedrapier

cheers, sounds like a call to RS might be the next thing to do.

warpcow
    Free Member

Mine was kind of the opposite direction; a 2013 Sektor with 2016-ish dampers. I also fitted a topcap for bottomless tokens without issue (fyi, you can’t fit a full set in the simpler Sektor spring, only 3-ish).

You can compare things like parts numbers for uppers in the RS tech documents. That’s usually a good start to see what fits what.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘new coil Sector RL + RCT3 cart. from old Revs?’ is closed to new replies.