Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • New club looking for kit suppliers
  • alanf
    Free Member

My mate has set up a new club

Velo CXC

It’s based in Derby and does a mix of xc mountain biking and cyclocross, with some road riding too.

He’s got it all set up with Britich cycling but is looking to get some kit made up as he has a design in mind.

I know there’s been a few threads in the past about small orders of kit and who is good to go to for this but I can’t seem to track them down at the moment.

So the question is, who to go to for smallish quantity orders of unique kit (mainly riding jerseys/jackets)?

ssboggy

Our club used to use Impsport,and there’s someone on Facebook called Inverse Custom England you could try. We’re using Polaris now but that’s because one of the members works for them, not sure if they would do custom kit for anyone else.

alanl
    Free Member

DVATC Boggy?

scotroutes

I’ve got both Endura and Owayo kit. Both are good – well printed and long lasting colours.

ssboggy

Yes Alan, l live in just around the corner from where Wakie used to live. 😉

alanl
    Free Member

OK,yes, know the area. Been in touch with him this week for the first time in a few years, as I’ve finally signed up to Facebook.
    I havent been on a Club ride for 5 years or so now, I came to the January Pizza/Italian, and will be racing the N&D this year (well, not so much racing, as taking part!)
    Alan.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

We use Champion System, which has a minium order of 10 items. That can be a mix of shorts, jerseys, jackets – doesn’t have to be 10 of the same item. They also do all the accessories like caps, socks, overshoes, gloves etc etc and also other sports like running, golf….

Its also supposedly what Lampre Merida use.

legend
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    I’ve got both Endura

One of the local clubs here used Endura and the quality was horrific, quite a lot of stuff was starting to fall apart before it had even been put on. Lots of poor stitching, badly mounted zips and so on – didn’t really make much sense tbh

Pactimo do very nice stuff, will be spendy though unless there’s sponsor money or whatever to put in. Worth a look though

alanf
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll pass details on to him

hebridean
    Free Member

Ride ItCheck out Ride It Clothing. Good quality, semi custom designs and no minimum order

creamegg
    Free Member

If you place the order with Endura now you may be in with a chance to get it before Easter

jamiep
    Free Member

Our road club uses Sportful. Proper race cut, identical design, cut and materials as used by Tinkoff. Not the cheapest but way, way cheaper than buying the high end Sportful stuff elsewhere. Lead time is 2+ months though

njee20
    Free Member

We used to use Endura, it was cheap, but quality was inconsistent and often poor. Then used Decca, who were awful – the fit was terrible – no dropped tail on the jerseys, baggy, shallow pockets, but cheap.

Now use Champ Sys, who are very expensive IMO, but it’s nice kit. I don’t find the pad in the shorts particularly comfy, but I think that’s personal.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Always ask for a discount

dovebiker

ProSport Distribution – kit is made in Italy by Mstina, not some Chinese sweatshop like some of the other suppliers.

Sandwich

Schutt do min 5 piece orders too. May be a bit speedy though.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Our club was with Endura. Now with Bioracer. Very pleased and some genuinely good and useful kit. I’d say the Tempest kit is some of the best I’ve used.

NZCol

Try Tineli as well

drovercycles
    Free Member

We’ve got some Sportful kit and as above, it’s great. Think it’s min 10+ per item (mixed sizes) and probably 30 or so pieces in total.

We’ve also had some kit done by Massi which is cheaper, decent quality, and mix 30 items with no min for individual items, so you can have a few men’s jerseys, some women’s jerseys, shorts, jackets, etc all mixed.

Give us a shout if we can help with anything.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

I’ve ordered some stuff from Inverse, should be arriving next week, but quality samples seemed good, and I believe they did the kit that the Spanish Olympic team raced in today. It seems very good value, and they do small numbers. Dealing with a UK distributor who deals with the Spanish parent company/factory means comms can be a bit slow, but otherwise seem good. Will let you know how happy I am once the kit turns up.

nemesis
    Free Member

Carvalho Custom. We’ve used them for years and I’ve been really happy with them. Easy to deal with and good kit. Slightly more expensive at the moment because of the Euro:Pound exchange.

Lots of photos of our kit here:

http://www.lvis.org.uk

andyrm
    Free Member

Another +1 for Ride It – Scottish based, brilliant quality & fit, good pricing, no minimum order and lots of options on style including DH/Enduro jerseys in long and short sleeve, really good baggy shorts and if you want them, XC type items too, whereas so many custom suppliers pretty much do just xc/roadie things.

tang
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

Ride It seem heavily biased toward Enduro/DH stuff.

and if you want them, XC type items too

From the OP:

does a mix of xc mountain biking and cyclocross, with some road riding too.

hebridean
    Free Member

Ride It also do cross country jerseys. Have a look at their custom page.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘New club looking for kit suppliers’ is closed to new replies.