Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New Chameleon Headset Help
  • jim1970

It’s been a long time since I bought a headset and things seem to have got complicated (for my tiny brain anyway).

My new Chameleon frame arriving in July needs a : Integrated (IS41/52)

I sort of understand the numbers but there just doesn’t seem to be any choice in headsets. I can’t even find one for sale in the UK. This is one I found from Europe.

https://www.bike24.com/p2116181.html

which is a Cane Creek 40 Short Cover Complete Headset Tapered – IS41/28.6 | IS52/40 – black

Is there a reason why I can’t find any others? Is this a wierd size?

Tapered seems dumb, they should have just made them straight 1.5″.

P.S. Anyone know when the new Rockshox Revelations are arriving in the UK? I asked the distributor but didn’t get a reply.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Interested in this also as my frame will be arriving soon.

otsdr
    Free Member

These should work
    l.e. Nevermind, IS41 is the “regular” type, while IS42 is the Campagnolo standard; for some reason the second one seems more widespread.

Funny enough, the Hope top assembly is IS41, which would explain why it was such a poor fit on my Ritchey P29er. For the bottom you can use anything, they’re all the same.

nickc

cheap one from CRC

You can get Hope ones as well…

jim1970

OK I seem to have spent most of the evening learning about headsets. Thanks for the links folks. That cheap BrandX one from Chain Reaction was 52/42 not 41 otherwise that would have done me for now. As far as I can tell from the Hope Datasheet they do the IS41 top cup but not the 52 bottom fully integrated. So, I could have ordered the Cane Creek bottom cup and Hope IS41 top cup at CRC.

I didn’t realise you could order different top and bottom cups but even so it works out dearer than the Cane Creek one from Germany including postage, so I’ll just order that. At least I know about headsets now.

Now onto WHEELS next. I can’t imagine much has happened to them in the last 10 years.

honourablegeorge

Hope do both a regular and a “campy’ style is41 upper

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New Chameleon Headset Help’ is closed to new replies.