Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • New car…keyed in record time…
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

we had some workies in the works carpark – foreman in the drivers seat – feet up on his door with his door on my door – his lackie was in the back riding a pogo stick while looking for something judging by the way the van was rocking – all the while scraping up and down mine.

when challeneged i got “but its just a van” -aye but its my van.

D0NK

trailrat now that’s piss boiling content

Some people just don’t care.

pretty sure I’ve told this story before. On a course from work, lunch was provided at a pub down the road, one or two drivers kindly took the rest of us cheapskates/hippies who weren’t in cars. Nice lady drove us to pub parked a decent distance from cars on either side, fatty in the back seat swung door open til it hit the car next to us, hefted his corpulence out of the car unweighting the suspension causing a vertical scratch up the car to complement the initial impact, slammed door and walked off without a glance back/apology.

But why do they have to be right next to the door, does being a parent prevent you from walking more than ten feet?

minimise how far you have to drag children across car parks? not the most child friendly of places.

cultsdave
    Free Member

They should put the large spaces at the far end of the car park so that fatties in their range rovers have to walk further. Fine them if they park in the compact ones!

Jamie
    Free Member

we had some workies in the works carpark – foreman in the drivers seat – feet up on his door with his door on my door – his lackie was in the back riding a pogo stick while looking for something judging by the way the van was rocking – all the while scraping up and down mine.

when challeneged i got “but its just a van” -aye but its my van.

…then what happened?

CountZero

Vandalism I’ve never got. You’ve got something nicer than me, so I’m going to **** it up. This bus shelter stops old ladies getting battered by the elements, so I’m going to stove its panels in. Look at that freshly painted wall, it’d be so much nicer with my name spray-painted all over it. It’s not even testosterone, belting seven shades out of something I can understand, but dragging a key down a car? It’s just bloody odd and I don’t get it. You gain nothing other than giving a complete stranger a bad day.

Absolutely. Years ago a work colleague was out with a mate and their two SO’s. Stopped at a takeaway and left the girls in the back. Car was a coupé, a Colt Starion, or something like that, anyway, the girls are chatting, and they see this bloke walk past, stop, walk back a bit, pull his keys out of his pocket and run them down the side of the car! He couldn’t see them in the back, and they watched him carry on and key all the other cars down the road.
    They shot into the takeaway, grabbed the blokes, and made off after him, and saw him actually go into a house.
    Report to the police, with the address, and he was picked up.
    He was a VAT Inspector in his fifties!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

My new car, parked in France on holiday, at the far and quiet end of the car park, I witnesses a crappy car park next to it, and whack my car with their door as they all piled out laughing.

I can’t repeat here what I did.

alpin
    Free Member

^^ please do!

pete68
    Free Member

I noticed a load of scratches on my car roof the other day. I’m pretty sure I haven’t rolled it so assume they were done intentionally by someone. Either that or an angry seagul.

Steven?

DrP

£312 quoted so far…

DrP

nano
    Free Member

Just chopped in my old car (had from new) for something cheaper to run.

First there’s the piss off factor that people think its perfectly fine to bang the trolley into it, scratch it with their handbag/trolley/anything else dangling from them (delete as applicable), open their car doors into it and / or clip the bumpers/doors while going in to/ out of a space.

To add to the fun the old car (Nissan) seemed particularly tin like and any kind of car park mishap couldn’t just be a scratch.. it had to be a dent of some kind at least..

Thanks.. feel better now! 🙂

Big-Dave
    Free Member

My late mum used to own a black Fiat Punto. Not the flashiest car in the world but she took a pride in keeping it clean and waxed. One day some scrote decided to key it for her. I have no idea why some scumbag did it but having seen how upset my mum was at having her pride and joy damaged I would have happily beaten whoever did it to death. That old Fiat is long gone (as sadly is my mum) but my attitude to people who key cars remains.

I make a point of parking at the farthest end of any car park away from the majority of idiots these days. Lifes too short for an assault charge…

Northwind

I had it kind of the other way round, the day I sealed a sale on my old Focus, someone drove into it in my work car park then scarpered. Sale was mostly based on the cosmetic condition which was pretty much perfect til then 🙁

Current car came to me with parking scrapes on all the corners, a nice big dent in a door and 2 sets of key marks- much easier. And also nobody wants to park beside it.

edward2000
    Free Member

Can the scratch be polished out? Remember polish actually removes the lacquer and smooths the pains because it contains very fine grit like particles so wax the area after polishing it. Sometimes they look worse than they actually are. Also CCTV would be useless I guess. At best it would probably show someone standing near your car so there won’t be any evidence of the offence actually being committed.

harrisp
    Free Member

If the scratch can’t be felt with your nail then there is a good chance it can be polished out without a trace.
    I bought my new car on a Monday and some scrote kindly keyed it for me on the Friday.

jambalaya
    Free Member

DrP sorry to hear this, in the grand scheme of things £300 isn’t too bad. Can be much worse if they’ve deformed the panel.

oldboy
    Free Member

OP, I really feel for you, mate! Having had a similar experience a few years ago I now park in the distant parts of supermarket carparks, even if it means a long walk with the trolley.

DrP

It’s a fairly good going scratch…
    Some parts probably could be polished out, but about 30% of it is through the paint.
    I suppose running over 2 panels doubles the cost, regardless of how much of each is scratched!

DrP

Cougar

Not quite the same but,

I once bought a new (to me) car, took it out the day I’d got it, and came back to find all four door panels kicked in.

Turned out that it was my new girlfriend’s ex who had done it out of spite, so at least there was a reason for it. Turned out worse for him in the long run as apart from the court appearance it cemented our relationship, as I was more concerned about her than the car.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘New car…keyed in record time…’ is closed to new replies.