Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • New carbon Transition hardtails – Vanquish and Throttle
  • GavinB

Me likey!

Transition webpage

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

was just about to post this. yes I like them alot, especially the 29er. can you run plus tyres on it? edit: no

UK/ euro price?

thedude
    Free Member

£1800 frame only I’m sure I read. I’ll take 2

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Jesus. 2 year warranty?

cokie

I really like these, but they are bloody expensive!

I also can’t help but think that Whytes X29 series for ’17 is essentially the better bike for the type of riding with more progressive geometry;
    – longer reach/TT
    – slightly longer ST/stand over
    – slacker HA
    – Touch longer CS & wheelbase
    – Lower BB

The kicker is the price.. a full Whyte 629 with similar spec to Transitions full build is cheaper than the frame only. Granted the Whyte isn’t perfect; less tyre clearance, Alu, QR rear (though a good bolt through negates this, especially on a Alu HT).

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

not carbon though, as you stated.

GavinB

Yup, it is expensive, but looks like it’d be a fun bike. 2 year warranty is pretty poor though, compared to the lifetime warranty offered by Santa Cruz, for example.

prezet
    Free Member

2 year warranty is pretty poor though

Agreed. I’ve had several Transitions. Luckily never had to claim. But I’ll probably look seriously at Santa Cruz for my next bike.

jairaj

New bikes looks great! But yes too expensive for me.

I don’t see the problem with a 2 year warranty? Any defects would normally come to light within a 2 year period. I believe Transition have a lifetime crash replacement policy which I think is more useful than a lifetime warranty.

kimbers

lifetime warranty on frame

http://www.konaworld.com/honzo_cr_trail.cfm

Kamakazie

I like the look as well but typically, I’d like the 29er but slacker and taking 130mm-140mm forks.
    Could do it with an angleset I guess…

Still not much choice around for that sort of 29er though which is a shame. Ragley are there with the BigWig but not many others.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@kamakazie agreed. I’d love a carbon frame, ragley geometry (although they were short last year? dont know about 2017) 29er hardtail that can take plus tyres….

bigjim

29er does look fantastic, it’s even longer reach than my Smuggler though which is a surprise, certainly wouldn’t want anything longer again! I wouldn’t want a 29er slacker than that either, would be a pig in slow tight stuff. ‘mon with the carbon smuggler already transition!

Kamakazie

The 2017 BigWig is a fair bit longer iirc.

funkmasterp

That does look really nice. Is it replacing the Trans am?

kayak23

It’s disappointing how boutique Transition are getting with their pricing.

I had a Blindside back in the day, wouldn’t buy another Transition now.

Nice looking hardtail though, if you can afford it 😯

bigjim

The 2017 BigWig is a fair bit longer iirc

That must be getting into silly territory then! And weigh even more than the small moon it did before…

superstu
    Free Member

One big difference between the whyte and transition is the seat tube length, be able to run a much longer dropper on the transition.

Still think the price is ridiculous though. Looks great and think it’d be good though.

I would like to see Bird do a 29r given the pedigree and price of their range.

sillyoldman

How would the Whyte/Transition geometry stack up if you compared frame sizes with similar length of ST? The figs above have the Whyte with a ST 35mm longer and stack that’s 20mm taller. Not really comparing apples with apples.

jam-bo

It’s disappointing how boutique Transition are getting with their pricing.

Indeed, they seem to be trying to move upmarket.

I doubt I’ll be able to afford to replace my bandit with another transition when the time comes.

plus-one

Looks like an open mould(with few tweaks) to claim it’s been designed from ground up 🙄

Fancy paint job and high price it’ll sell loads 😆

Onzadog
    Free Member

If anyone can spot the open mould, I’d love to know. It’s a nice looking bike but if other people are “making” the same thing cheaper, I’d like to take a closer look.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

by open mould you mean a generic Chinese frame?

gaidong
    Free Member

Bump on this. Missed the original post and would like a cheap Vanquish too!

Onzadog
    Free Member

We never found the open mould for the vanquish then?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Is someone looking again?  I’m keen on hunting it down. We can hunt in packs

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘New carbon Transition hardtails – Vanquish and Throttle’ is closed to new replies.