• This topic has 168 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)
  • new car time auto or manual??
  • jimw
    Free Member

Feedback on the Evoke?
    Never driven one, but I find them very, very ugly, especially in white.
    Just a personal opinion, not universally shared
    The wife of a friend of mine has one. She likes it.

toomba
    Free Member

wouldn’t go for white one but think the other half thinks the boots too small…. cant win!

iainc

I looked long and hard at the new Freelander, aka Discovery Sport. I did all the sums and had test drives in it, along with A6 and Superb Estates in 4wd guise.

The only plus I could determine was the extra seats, which I don’t need, so ordered the A6.

br
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me! I chose the auto as the previous car I had (2.0l diesel A6) was a manual and I got sick of the constant gear changing – so next time it’s back to a manual petrol… [/I]

Whereas my experience of an auto diesel Passat CC just made me not consider buying a VAG…, even my current Vectra auto diesel shed works better.

But, getting back to Freelanders, as said my wife has one of these. Smooth, quick and a good place to be – especially for long-distance stuff in bad weather where it feels very safe and secure.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=land+rover+freelander+sport+2012&safe=strict&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNp7G3963QAhXFKsAKHYazDB4Q_AUICCgB&biw=1217&bih=643#safe=strict&tbm=isch&q=freelander+sport+2012&imgrc=_

garage-dweller

The issue I have is the slooooow take-up from a standing start

My Passat doesn’t have this issue, that’s for sure. Only time is when the engine is cut out and doesn’t fire back up in time. Had that twice in 18 months (cos it’s only a certain quick stop->start scenario)

+1 2.0tdi Passat.

It does wallow a little if you get caught in second. Ime it only does that if you’re trying to creep it without stopping. It took me a few weeks driving to realise this was a shit tactic on a dsg. Either it’s clear and you go or you stop fully look, (stop/start) shove the throttle and go. Piece of piddle.

It’s not gearbox its technique.

I don’t say my 29r is crap because I have to use a bit more body English in tight singletrack than the 26r. It’s quicker but I had to change my technique for the inertia/handling difference.

DezB
    Free Member

Anybody any feedback on Evoques

My kid drove one on a driving experience. So easy a 14 year old could handle it!
    I did say to the instructor that there doesn’t seem any point in having a car like that if you’re not going to take it off road. Just to drive it around like the ol’ chelsea tractor cliché is a bit ****. (Oops w word not allowed)

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh yeah – one other thing re the take-off lag. In addition to the clutch reset thing I also had the latest software upgrade, which might’ve had an impact.

johndoh
    Free Member

I was waiting at a junction at 6pm. The car has just pulled away.

I honestly don’t see how anyone can say that gearbox is any good.

DezB
    Free Member

Sounds shagged johndoh 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 161 through 169 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘new car time auto or manual??’ is closed to new replies.