Think im gonna need a new car in the not so distant future.
It needs to -
* take 2 kids to childminders (20 min journey, 3 days a week)
* drive to work and back (approx 50km each way, 3 - 5 days a week)
* fit 2 mtbs in the back, plus kit plus dirtworker etc etc (at the same time as the afore mentioned 2 kids) minimal dismantling required
* be cheapish to buy, 7 or 8 grand max
* be very cheap to run / tax / insure etc
* do occasional mtb weekends away
* be reliable
currently managing with a saxo, but its less than ideal,
Fed up with putting seats down, dropping kids off and then heading back home to get bikes before going to work, biking after work, cleaning bikes, dismantling to fit into car, getting home, removing bikes, rebuilding, putting away, getting kiddie seats out of garage, putting seats up and kiddie seats in .....repeat.....
a berlingo / caddy / partner van would be ideal, except for the fact they've only got 2 seats. Seen some with a conversion split rear seat that folds down, but seems to be an aftermarker conversion, which may have safety / legal implications?
the newer fancy one with the 3 front seats will be out of my price range
a defender would be ideal, 3 front seats, but reliability, and running costs would be a bit much i think.
Dont need a 4x4 and they all seem to be huge and very thirsty.
Does anything exist that fits the bill?